Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
aloha guys,

i have a d16y8 with a jrsc 6lb pulley and a 125 single fogger shot. the d16y8 has all stock internals and supercharged my afr is about 12.7 while on the bottle at 1100 psi i try to keep my afr at 11.7 so far it is handling just fine. i wanted to know if anyone is is running this type of setup. also i am tuning off of neptune and pulling timing with my nitous control feature. fuel is delivered with dsm 450cc injectors at 45 psi and a walbro. supercharged she only can pull off 14.3s i have yet to clock her on the bottle. any input is greatly appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
14.3s just on S/C is impressive. Someone who shall remain nameless only managed mid 15s with his JRSC car and a 75 shot.

You're going to want slicks to really take advantage of the power you'll have.

When you've tested the spray, what gear were you in? If you're testing in third, the stock internals may not like the extra load from 4th gear.

Sounds like it'll book hard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have my parameters set so my n20 doest activate until 40 mph on my primary mapping.

i was on drag radials and a well prepped track that night i ran but alot of feathering out of the hole helped.

the supercharger is perfect for first gear but after first you really need a good power adder to get moving. there is no traction in second with street tires on the n20.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Im a little surprised you can get away with that on stock rods.

S/C and Nitrous work well together.
Just imagine if you built the bottom end and gave it more boost and more nitrous
^__^

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a built bottom end and more boost and more n20 would yield even more impressive results but im not sure if i want to stay supercharged n20 i was kind of leaning towards turbo.

Sentry- your right the load in fourth seems little too much. maybe pulling more timing top end to add more cushion?

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
This is a built block and a 75 shot, but still pretty damn yummy.
But with that kind of torque (or more), I'd start to worry about the stock rods.

Evan's Tuning said:
68 Mini, Built D16Z6, JRSC, 75 shot nitrous, 245whp | Evans Tuning Dyno Database
Car: 68 Mini

Engine:

D16z6
9:1 srp pistons
eagle rods
stock head
Performance Modifications:
JRSC
9psi pulley
kamizee header
2.5″ exhaust
no cat
RC 440cc injectors (Current Recommendation: Injector Dynamics)
short ram intake
75 dry shot nitrous
Walbro 255lph HP Intank Fuel Pump
NepTune (Current Recommendation: Hondata S300)

Car is extremely fast and fun to drive. Heats soak is pretty bad after driving for awhile. Owner is looking into the LHT intercooler kit, or upgrading to a m62 eaton blower from endyn with possibly a 100 shot of nitrous.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that dyno sheet! I am planning on rebuilding my block close to the specs of his. That's nice numbers he's got there

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have jrsc, been lookin into cooling and power adders like water meth and n2o

I was wondering if you could tell me how much of a cooling benefit you get from the n2o on your setup, do you know the difference in IATs using it and not?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can check my data log after I finish work but I know my boost jumped up and my iats dropped down. So that's a definate yes to your question

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
W/M will cool the blower if inj before it. I haven't personally seen anyones coating get worn off just because of w/m inj, if it has good atomization I don't see a problem. Rmcdaniles on h-t had some where off because he inj after the blower from the back of the manifold and it would constantly drip because his setup leaked. That being said the rotor coating on the 3rd gen eaton blowers sucks compared to later generations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts