Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a d16y7, I bought it from a friend and he had the JRSC set up all half a$$3d.
He had the stock belt on it so it wasnt using the lower idler pulley. I put a new alternator and the right belt on it but now my lower idler pulley is sticking out to far about an 1/8", I don't even know if it is the right pulley or not so I need your guys' help to determine if It is the right one or not and what I need to do to get it to line up so it doesn't eat my belt, and where I can get a new pulley if it is not the right one.. The top one isn't slotted but the bottom one is, Here are some pics.

·
Registered
30 Posts
still having problems? On my setup i didnt have the indents on the idler pulleys,
could you possably take the pulley off and shave where it meets the bracket so the pulley sits closer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats what I was thinking, but its gotta be really precise. There is a machinist at the place where I work. Maybe I can fill the slot in with some welds and have him machine it flat. I could grind the spacer down but id have to make it level and just the right length because the slot can barely fit the belt and the slot isn't flat through out. It's just sloppy, I wish I could get a new pulley but those things are hard to come by.

·
Registered
30 Posts
yeah i dont see why welding it would hurt aslong as you can get it smooth and flat, someone correct me if im wrong
and for belts i know a guy at a small parts store and i got him to measure the belt and order the right size from his supplier,thats how i got mine i also heard napa has the right size but in a 6 rib and people were cutting them into two 3rib belts with no problem

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I entered my part number into Moss and nothing comes up. I spent the whole day searching over the web for the right pulley and I can't even find it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, Now it's working. I tried it a couple weeks ago and it didn't work.
Thanks man, Now what to do about a throttle cable? I ordered one from Summit.
But it was the stock one and I thought it could work but its not long enough because the throttle body is longer, But you know that. I tried entering the extension in but it is out of stock, What do I do? My throttle cable is about to snap lol.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
haha yeah that pulley is definitely wrong...upper and lower are the same part numbers

too bad jackson racing took the part list PDF's down :( anybody have them downloaded?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts