Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 93 Civic EX D16Z6 with Jackson Racing Supercharger, GSR Injectors,Walbro 255 FP,catback evo Greddy exhaust,Otto racing header, high flow cat, AEM camgear,Unorthodox underdrive pulley, and AEM FPR. I have and AEM cold air and short ram what intake would be best flow for the charger besides either of these and also a better header?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
get rid of the underdrive pulley and get an OEM honda one if you value your bearings. IIRC GSR injectors are still 240cc, get some DSM 450cc injectors a resistor box and a programmable ECU. I use the stock air box with a custom intake pipe and a K&N replacement filter for DD you wont have to worry about sucking up water like you do with a cold air.

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Plus, the underdrive crank pulley is "under driving" your supercharger which means less boost.
what? only if it's a smaller diameter than the original crank pulley. the problem is most aftermarket crank(under drive) pulleys are not balanced which will wreak havoc on your bearings.

·
Registered
340 Posts
the supercharger will not care if you run the cold-air or short ram. in terms of flow it will be the same. intake air temperature will differ slightly though, but it is all getting heated by the compressor anyway.

and yeah, ditch the underdrive pulleys, sell them on craigslist or something

header wise...how much money are you willing to spend??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Means that the crank pulley is smaller or the accessory pulleys are larger. The problem is not that the pulley isn't balanced, it's that it doesn't have a rubber dampner to dissipate torsional vibrations.
Which is like the many many stock a6 crank pulleys that have many miles on them and are undampened........

·
Registered
365 Posts
Superchargers prefer the largest, shortest intake arm you can fit in the engine bay without compromising your install and exposing the filter to hot engine air. It allows the blower to more easily suck the air in. A long intake arm (cold air intake) makes the blower work harder and will lead to more heat. Some may consider that insignificant, but when you're building for max power, you cross your T's and dot your I's.

Don't waste your time with 310cc injectors. If you're going to the trouble of putting in bigger injectors and getting the thing chipped and tuned, start with a set of 450s at the very least. That'll let you keep the fuel pressure lower and leave you lots of room for growth.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I don't know if they make them anymore but the short runner 4-1 kamikaze header worked very well with the JRSC.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts