Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, hoping to install my SC real soon, just have a few questions I'd like to clear up about stuff, some of, I have a general idea, or have been given conflicting answers on so any insight is appreciated, but maybe some elaboration on why you say what you will would be great as well, and that's why I'm here for this one.

Little info on what I'm doing,

D15B vtec, JRSC with I believe ~11psi pulley combo, 450 DSM injectors (resistor box of course) currently stock internals and fuel delivery is stock as well other then a AEM rail. I/H/E. Hondata gasket, B16 tb came with the SC, basically port matched to the "S" tube so it can stay (for now at least). I have my header heat wrapped, and I have more to wrap the intake piping, but until I actually install the SC, I don't have my intake pipe perfectly laid out yet so...
Boost gauge and wide band are installed already, of course there is a chipped ECU involved and it will be getting tuned.

I'll be losing my sk2 IM for this, and removing the 70mm sk2 tb as well, but I might later mod/make a better "S" pipe from the SC to the TB, as I see that it a very restrictive component, but for now I just wanna get this running.

All of this for now is in my 93 Si hatch (though may later go into a 1g CRX I have hiding somewhere)

The questions,

1/ Fuel. I have a walbro 255 laying around, should I install this or do I need to? Not trying to be lazy here, but I may have another use for this pump if not needed for this.

2/ Internals. Any suggestions, stock good for this? I have eagle rods, no pistons, other then stock of course and same as above, If I should then fine, but I again, may have a use for these if I don't need them for this build.

3/ Timing. Once again, I have an adjustable timing gear for my motor, leave it stock, or swap it out, maybe change the t-belt while I'm there, and use that for tuning this or am I really gonna see any gains? I will probably run 94 octane gas in this setup after the install so I won't have to pull the timing back any further then needed, but any advice here is great

4/ Am I missing anything here that you can think of, I don't mean for performance gains, buy this or that, what ever it makes, fine, I'll look for more power later, I mean like is there something that will need attention/modification etc that isn't fairly obvious/included in the kit etc?

Sorry I know I could google around and come up with most if not all of these answers, but again, half of what I'm finding isn't quite what I wanna know and the rest is people who are e-thug haters that think that cause mommy bought then a B16 swap for their 17th b-day they know everything about Honda. I'm sure most anyone reading this post can relate. I'm trying to have a stream lined version of the answers I'm looking for. Any insight again is greatly appreciated.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that helps a bit but really, a 12 page read, that is full of an argument about cams, and an included link to a 48 page thread on H-T, I was kinda hoping for some responses directly related to my specific questions. This is a tad vague and basically what I found so far, just wanted to see if I could narrow it down a bit.

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it is amazing what a search will find. It's also amazing what you can learn by asking and getting useful answers. If all you can say is search this or google that, aside from being a a post whore, clearly the problem is that you don't have any idea what you're talking about.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
and clearly you think your special and to good to search so you think everyone is gonna spoonfeed you. i help you out alittle bit, then you politely told me to fuck myself, have fun finding what your looking for on your own.

yes you can search because this has been covered, by a couple members.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, hoping to install my SC real soon, just have a few questions I'd like to clear up about stuff, some of, I have a general idea, or have been given conflicting answers on so any insight is appreciated, but maybe some elaboration on why you say what you will would be great as well, and that's why I'm here for this one.

Little info on what I'm doing,

D15B vtec, JRSC with I believe ~11psi pulley combo, 450 DSM injectors (resistor box of course) currently stock internals and fuel delivery is stock as well other then a AEM rail. I/H/E. Hondata gasket, B16 tb came with the SC, basically port matched to the "S" tube so it can stay (for now at least). I have my header heat wrapped, and I have more to wrap the intake piping, but until I actually install the SC, I don't have my intake pipe perfectly laid out yet so...
Boost gauge and wide band are installed already, of course there is a chipped ECU involved and it will be getting tuned.

I'll be losing my sk2 IM for this, and removing the 70mm sk2 tb as well, but I might later mod/make a better "S" pipe from the SC to the TB, as I see that it a very restrictive component, but for now I just wanna get this running.

All of this for now is in my 93 Si hatch (though may later go into a 1g CRX I have hiding somewhere)

The questions,

1/ Fuel. I have a walbro 255 laying around, should I install this or do I need to? Not trying to be lazy here, but I may have another use for this pump if not needed for this.

You've already thought to upgrade your injectors and you have better fuel pump "laying around". Isn't the answer obvious here?

2/ Internals. Any suggestions, stock good for this? I have eagle rods, no pistons, other then stock of course and same as above, If I should then fine, but I again, may have a use for these if I don't need them for this build.

Boost is boost. Why not bump the compression and upgrade your internals at the same time?

3/ Timing. Once again, I have an adjustable timing gear for my motor, leave it stock, or swap it out, maybe change the t-belt while I'm there, and use that for tuning this or am I really gonna see any gains? I will probably run 94 octane gas in this setup after the install so I won't have to pull the timing back any further then needed, but any advice here is great

Cam gear will do the same thing on every single cam. Why not spend 120 bucks to be able to get the power curve right where it needs to be

4/ Am I missing anything here that you can think of, I don't mean for performance gains, buy this or that, what ever it makes, fine, I'll look for more power later, I mean like is there something that will need attention/modification etc that isn't fairly obvious/included in the kit etc?

jrsc water to air site:d-series.org <======== Copy and paste that into google and then hit enter

Sorry I know I could google around and come up with most if not all of these answers, but again, half of what I'm finding isn't quite what I wanna know and the rest is people who are e-thug haters that think that cause mommy bought then a B16 swap for their 17th b-day they know everything about Honda. I'm sure most anyone reading this post can relate. I'm trying to have a stream lined version of the answers I'm looking for. Any insight again is greatly appreciated.
I also noticed you mentioned nothing about tuning.

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is a much more usable answer thanks. I must've forgot to mention, yes I am getting it tuned after the install. You make very, very good points.

2drz6,
As for thinking I'm special, well, your first response wasn't even a polite way to tell me to go fuck myself, so you can eat an ancient bowl of dicks in some other dimension. I did search, a lot, but hoping to get this thing in within the next few days, I was just trying to get some better info then the shit I've found from ass hats like you that are just here to give people a hard time, hope it makes you feel better about yourself, cause you seem to be the kinda guy who in the real world gets shit on by everyone and needs an outlet for your frustration. I feel bad for people like you... oh wait just noticed your avatar, that explains it all. You read the post above this, even with the slight condescending tone of that post, it's still very helpful. The funny thing here is that on most of the sites I'm on, I expect this level of useless shit from n00b kids who think they know everything and redneck r-tards that were born all knowing and so far advanced compared to the rest of the world we should all just hang our selves, and I thought this would be the place to get good answers from people WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL TO SAY. Well at least I was half right.

Tanks again Red5.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
This is a much more usable answer thanks. I must've forgot to mention, yes I am getting it tuned after the install. You make very, very good points.

2drz6,
As for thinking I'm special, well, your first response wasn't even a polite way to tell me to go fuck myself, so you can eat an ancient bowl of dicks in some other dimension. I did search, a lot, but hoping to get this thing in within the next few days, I was just trying to get some better info then the shit I've found from ass hats like you that are just here to give people a hard time, hope it makes you feel better about yourself, cause you seem to be the kinda guy who in the real world gets shit on by everyone and needs an outlet for your frustration. I feel bad for people like you... oh wait just noticed your avatar, that explains it all. You read the post above this, even with the slight condescending tone of that post, it's still very helpful. The funny thing here is that on most of the sites I'm on, I expect this level of useless shit from n00b kids who think they know everything and redneck r-tards that were born all knowing and so far advanced compared to the rest of the world we should all just hang our selves, and I thought this would be the place to get good answers from people WHO ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL TO SAY. Well at least I was half right.

Tanks again Red5.
you expect to be spoon fed, i pointed you into a semi right direct, I told you to pm the 2 people that have done multi builds that were supercharged, and you said fuck it. Im gonna be lazy and not look at other peoples builds, nor search. This site is helpful, but not everyone is gonna give you want you want(this is called spoon feeding). your post tell me your that guy that cries like a little bitch when they dont ther way.

so if you would have search you would have found out a sc will only put you around 160-180(at max)

If you would have search the agreed safe hp on a d is 220.

if you would have search a adjustable cam gear(or timing gear as you call it) you adjusting will move your power up or down in the rpm range

if you would have search you would figure out the rest of the stuff you need to know.

if you would have listened in the 1st place and talked to neopinhead or preludepatrick they will help you thru the rest.

as for my life and job you dont worry what goes on in it, stick around here for a while youll see your fair share of tards.

so politely shut the fuck up.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,920 Posts
Sorry I'm a little bit late on this...fucking database errors ruined my response earlier. Fix the DB queries DSO staff!

The questions,

If you're planning on pushing 11lbs then I would suggest the walbro fuel pump. May not be completely necessary (I've known guys running 9lbs of boost on a stock fuel pump) but a little bit of extra insurance won't hurt, especially if you've already got one.

Internals aren't necessary for that level of power unless you do something dramatic (water-to-air intercooler, or WM injection with a DAMN good tune). I used Endyn pistons and Crower rods in my build but they weren't completely necessary.

Unless you're milling the head/decking the block a buttload, there's no need for an adjustable gear.

How are you going to tune the car? You'll need some kind of programmable ECU...if you're planning on using the FMU then don't even bother starting the build.

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I don't expect to be spoon fed, I expect to get help when I need it from people who are willing to do so, as I am the type to help when I can. As for your job, or life I'm not worried, I just see why you need to act like a bitch and talk shit like this cause you get treated like a bitch that you are by your superiors and can't do shit about it.

If all you can do is come on here and give me a hard time about the fact that I couldn't find exactly what the fuck I was looking for confirmation on about things I already have answers to, but wanted PEOPLE WHO CAN JUSTIFY THEIR REASONS FOR THE FUCKING THINGS THEY DO NOT OVER COMPENSATING HOMOS AFRAID THEIR FATHER WILL BEAT THEM IF THEY ADMIT TO BEING INTO DUDES, then seriously, just grow the fuck up, move on and stay the fuck outta this thread you useless jar head.

Way to point out how I must not know what the fuck I'm saying cause I called it an adjustable timing gear, not a fucking cam gear, which what does this adjustable timing gear do? Oh yeah, it adjusts the mother fucking timing. Just so you know I'm a licensed tech who Honda paid for my education, so I must have some clue. Go bully some other guys thread e-thug. Thanks for the SEMI right direction. You think I want to be spoon fed, but this is more like blurting out the obvious.

·
Resident D-Bag
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would do a cam, maybe later when funds permit, but for now, the d15B is almost like a cam in a z6, and as I read in the more the helpful 12 page thread 2drz6 was nice enough to spoon feed me, there is some serious debate as to how much a cam will help.

For now I'm not looking for max power, just a little more then stock, in a reliable way. This car is my DD, I have a more serious build in the works. That one , being a not as common build as a 93 Civic, and way less practical as a DD is my project car and the one I'm more concerned with pure performance rather then overall usability.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,920 Posts
Look man, I understand your point...you have a few simple questions that you'd rather not search through 50 pages of posts of which half are actually useful. I get that...

But at the same time you have to understand that posts like yours surface every few weeks on this site and it gets a little old explaining the same things time and time again.

I'm always always willing to share my knowledge of this particular subject even if the same information could have easily been found with a google search in the format that red described above. Understand, however, that there are people who don't have the patience to keep repeating the same things over and over again.

My only advice for you at this point is to watch how you act, especially towards the more senior members on here. Piss off the wrong people and you'll be blackballed before you know it. Be cool, play by the 'rules' and you'll make it a long way on here. We all started from scratch at one point so chill out, relax, and soak in all the knowledge you can get on here. Trust me, you won't find a better resource anywhere else...

And BTW, changing cams is a slippery slope. Supercharger cam selection is unlike any other and most vendors do NOT have a good supercharger cam. Increased overlap = loss of efficiency. Nearly every cam out there exhibits increased overlap which is exactly the opposite of what you want.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I'm wondering what kind of cam makes the most of the power possibility with a JRSC. Anyone wanna comment? I understand overlap is good for a turbo application but does the same apply for supercharger supplied boost since there is no need for velocity to spool a compressor?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts