Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i used to have a 95 h22 civic.. but it got stolen:( my old h22 civic ran 13.5 all motor..i really love it...but shit happends..

i bought a new civic (to see if D series are better).. a 96 EK D16y7 with a JR supercharger..... i think right now its at 9 psi is a non vtec y7
it also have:
the fuel pump walbro
exahust manifold megan racing 4-2-1
injectors but not sou sure on the cc i think the ones JR sell
i have the retarded boost system from JR
and the other thing are stock...

because you guys are the experts.. and now about D series ..
how can i build my new engine sou i can beat my old 1/4 mile time...

help me prove i dont need my h22 back......!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm betting he's running Low 14's, at least I hope thats what he's running. One thing that will help a lot is proper tuning. Emphasis on PROPER.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Y8/Z6 head ported with the Zex cam
Kamikaze/Rage header
Full 2.5" catback
10:1 forged pistons
Rods
Chipped P28 and OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness
Ported blower with LHT intercooler setup
And a set of slicks.

That ... "may" get you mid 13s. Wouldn't count on it though. The M45 blower is really small and 9psi is already maxing it out... I'd hate to see your IATs.

Been there done that won't be doing it again :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
Complete exhaust, I think 2.5 inch will do it. Many others including myself believe in Kamikaze header with the 2.5 collector dp is best suited for supercharger.

Besides that you didnt mention intake, the charger tends to favor the big fat short rams (3 inch diameter). Thoe the comptech ice-box seems to be a great contender as well.

Get a good tune, youll prob need to ditch the fmu, better engine management, maybe better injectors.

Lastly stiff suspension, chassis braces, traction bars, as well as nice sticky tires and small lightweight wheels.

Id hope through all that youd atleast match your old times in the H.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Whoops, forgot. Actually the charger favors CAI, those damn things get so hot that after the under hood temps skyrocket SRI's just bring in super hot air and make it even worse.

The charger favors the SRI in the fact that it doesn't take as long to bring in air, but the CAI will keep IATs down and give you a bit more power once heat soak sets in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
having a good tune is really important, good rims and tires, and dropping some weight would be helpfull to, if you have the money get a carbon fiber hood with a back scoop to keep the engine cooler, you could also change it over to vtec, some will say non boosted vtec over boosted vtec, w/e i believe that vtec boosted is better its been cover plenty of times. thats what i would say would make you beat 13.5. if you can't do it with jrsc sell it and go turbo

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
head work...pnp, cam, valves, etc. then buy a turbo

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
am getting desapointed!!!........ i think s better to buy an h22 back..!! i dont hear any good comments from you guys..the only thing you guys recomend is get a turbo...

cause jRSC is bolt on the.. intake manifold.. i cant make it turbo with the jackson racing bolted on and have both???

·
Registered
371 Posts
D16Y7supercharger said:
am getting desapointed!!!........ i think s better to buy an h22 back..!! i dont hear any good comments from you guys..the only thing you guys recomend is get a turbo...

cause jRSC is bolt on the.. intake manifold.. i cant make it turbo with the jackson racing bolted on and have both???
It can be done, but it's not cheap, not easy, and it's very hard to tune.

See, here's the big problem with the JRSC. It takes power to make power. We're talking a torqueless 1.6L four cylinder having to turn two rotors around in a circle to feed itself. Not only that, but those rotors get HOT and so does everything else, when engine components get hot (beyond a certain point) they begin to lack, damage, or even fail. The worst part about this is that there's almost NO WAY to successfully cool the intake charge, the physical charger, or anything in between without spending a ton of money. After over $2000, I had a little over 150whp and a low 15 second time slip... hurfuckingray.

Having low end torque on an extremely light FWD honda is like putting skinnies on the rear axles of a 800whp cobra. The tires go up in smoke and there's no real way to combat it. Then to top it off, the engine will never see 3500 rpms again... did I mention the JRSC has no top end?

Also, the M45 is a tiny charger and is overspun by 10psi. By this I mean it just creates too much heat which overcomes any kind of gains you'd see by increasing PSI.

And last but not least, the Dseries JRSC market is little if not existant. No one, and I mean no one makes parts that you can just buy off the shelf for it. It all needs to be custom made, and finding someone to do that for a reasonable price is just a bit wacked. $350 for a custom pulley? HA, no thanks, I'll buy a turbo for that.

The JRSC is good for mering in and out of traffic, and it makes a cool noise. That's pretty much the pros for it. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
but what about leaving the JRSC with 9 psi stock.. and add a turbo for about 9 psi too??? it is posible?? make good torque.. and high boost!???i never seen a supercharged and turbo .....!! because the JR goes in the intake manifold i still have de exahust manifold to bolt on the turbine..!?!??? the JRSC will work as an extreamly good intake manifold.. and make the car go turbo setup..??? iam just crazy to make HP becasue all mi friends have B series I used to be the king with my H22 now IAM the slowest.. jajaja that happends...

but really can it be done???

·
Registered
741 Posts
It could be done, almost anything can be done. The real question is how do you plan on keeping your air charge temps down? 9psi charged from the turbo and then on top of that it gets compressed again...the other issue is that the s/c could actually make you drop hp with that tag team due. Reason being is that you can't time the rpms of chargers.

Wht it comes down to is that the s/c just can't put out what the turbo can.

either way,

Mini-me w/ cam
tuner toyz rod w/ forged pistons
Turbo
full DP/exhaust
Chrome or some EMS
Front mount Intercooler
tires/rims/susp.
Weight loss

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes its called twincharging. Yes it can be done - with the right tools and money. Been discussed many times.

Shit if all your after is HP ditch the charger, get a turbo or some nos, and this is coming from a charger guy. UNLESS you really want to stay SC then youll need to dump some money on the right shit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts