Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
thats alot of power what is your setup. I think he is looking for something closer to a stock sc setup with i/h/e ...thats nice numbers.. congrats.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i talked to civicy8 and i'm just looking for #s with i/h/e. that's my setup right now but i'm debating whether or not to go to with the JRSC (cuz i have an auto and i want reliability and torque) or buy a new car (probably rsx-s, sorry i know its a k). I'd stay with 6 psi and i already have a vafc installed. I just want to know if that is good enough for mid 15s at 6 psi.

O

·
0 Posts
it's a myth that the jrsc is more relyable. they actually are less than a quality kit like greddy. a greddy kit is also less expensive than a new jrsc.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the main reasons i'd want the JRSC is b/c i have an auto tranny and i've heard more success stories w/ a JRSC than a turbo on an auto. I also want low end torque not turbo lag.

·
Registered
999 Posts
actually i have heard better numbers with a small turbo on automatic cars

·
Registered
369 Posts
JRSC are good. Its better on an auto because you don't let off the gas when it changes gear thus keeping the boost unlike when you shift and the turbo releases it though the BOV. I have heard better with the SC on autos then Turbos. Just my 2 Cents. By the way i got my kit used and was pleased with the results

·
Registered
369 Posts
Also i forgot to put this in my previous post. What kind of 1/4 mile times should i be around with my auto y8 Sc on 6psi with an aem intake, DC header, 2 1/2 piping and a PnP head with it shaved 15 thousands?

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
if the transmission holds and stuff
there are way to many determining factors..
just run it and see..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so daveb91, would the vafc be adequate or do i need larger injectors plus the vafc to be satifsied, btw, i would put a new fuel pump in when this is done. it would be at 6 psi.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
stock fuel pump is plenty enough, the JRSC is just JUNK without 450's and tuning. The JRSC setup was just crude, but all they had when it came out.

I would runaway from a JRSC if it had a VAFC on it.

O

·
0 Posts
why do you need to touch yor V-tec? wh not jsut get a S-afc that does nothing BUT air/fueling and does it very well?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
b/c i already have the vafc installed and had it tuned for a cam i took out. but the vafc and safc do the same thing, except the vafc allows tuning for vtec engagemnet point, which i admit did nothing so i left it at the stock point, but for another set-up messing with vtec might do something.

O

·
0 Posts
ahh ok Good reason :)

actually it won't do much on a sohc honda. sorry. that does suck, but messing with v-tec engagement on d series stuff doens't help much if any. maybe ona high hp motor liek mine that's boosted, but in general not really. so yea leave it stock points. FYI stock ecu can run 310cc injectors. preludes ctech had 310cc inejctors. ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts