Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the good ZC engines were getting tough to find. Is this true? I already have JG head, cams, and cam gears. I also still have a block in need of a rebuild, and of course my jrsc. If I were to continue building this car, I would need an ecu that can be tuned properly. Is Zdyne still around? What do people use for these engines now?

·
Registered
89 CRX SI
44 Posts
I have heard that DOHC zc's are getting harder to find in good condition as well.

It sounds like you already have one. If that's the case, I would rebuild it.

I'm not sure about zdyne, others might know.

You need to conduct some research regarding your tuning options. OBD0 and OBD1 utilize different tuning programs. You didn't state what chassis this would be going into.

Look into turboedit if you want to stay OBD0. Check out pgmfi.org. You would need a chipped ecu and wideband o2.

Acid Beaver has a document in his sig that will get you up and running w/ turboedit.

Enjoy the build

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
The DOHC ZC JRSC kit is easily the rarest of them all. If you have one, or you have an adapter plate, you can make it work. Zdyne, as a company, is gone . Turboedit is basically Zdyne on steroids with datalogging...and free.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I already have the jrsc. It's fun. I've run it on a stock engine with only header and exhaust for a while. I have another project car that I was going to sell to fund the rest of this build, but I'm second-guessing whether or not I should keep putting time and money into this. Oh, and my wife hates the civic and wants me to get rid of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I already have the jrsc. It's fun. I've run it on a stock engine with only header and exhaust for a while. I have another project car that I was going to sell to fund the rest of this build, but I'm second-guessing whether or not I should keep putting time and money into this. Oh, and my wife hates the civic and wants me to get rid of it.
Jrsc? What's that! And my wife use to hate mine but now iv shown here all about that life she loves it!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy mother of god, awesome parts list. Sadly as is any thing with the Honda game you never get the true value of your parts
Thanks. That's pretty much how most cars are though, right? My only exception is my 91 Camaro that I got for almost nothing. My collectible insurance is dirt cheap at only $10/mo so I can't really afford to let it go. lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
A friend of mine told me a few years ago that the good ZC engines were getting tough to find. Is this true? I already have JG head, cams, and cam gears. I also still have a block in need of a rebuild, and of course my jrsc. If I were to continue building this car, I would need an ecu that can be tuned properly. Is Zdyne still around? What do people use for these engines now?
I have a JRSC DOHC ZC as well.

When I was doing my research, Zdyne was pretty much dead as far as support goes. If your doing your own tuning, Turbo Edit seems to be the one most people suggest. I know jack all about ECU tuning and setup, so I took mine to a tuner. I converted to OBD1 and got a Neptune setup. That’s what the tuner suggested, so far has worked out well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts