Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm finally planning to do the JRSC swap into my CRX mid-September, more than a year after starting down this road. An unheated garage in Minnesota and recent move out of state put me behind, but I'm ready to go now.

I have a D16Z6 with JRSC that I want to put in the CRX. Does anyone have this setup? I did a quick search on this forum (and several others) but couldn't find a specific reference to putting a Z6 JRSC in a CRX.

My biggest concern is fit. Is there any reason the Z6 with JRSC would fit differently than the A6 with JRSC?

I think I've done my research as far as anything else is concerned, just couldn't find an answer to this question that satisfied me. Any tips for making this swap go smoother would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
IIRC the frame rail may need to be massaged for the extra pulley from the JRSC....but then again i could be totally wrong on that and its from another swap

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
If a B16 with JRSC will fit....yours will fit without issue.

Yes, it was even shown on TV. OJ, BrianG, Locash and a few other OG Hybriders were on the two part special. The yellow CRX Si now has a J swap in it. That "whore" has seen many swaps :)

http://www.superstreetonline.com/eventcoverage/1402_the_competition_ff_battle/

You've seen it a million times at Super Lap Battle and nearly every FF Battle, but this car keeps getting faster and is still one of the quickest FF cars we've seen. The legendary Hasport project car has been racing since 2001 and has been powered by nearly every Honda swap imaginable—a B16A1, B-series supercharged, K20 and K24, both naturally-aspirated and supercharged… Now the yellow rocket is running a J35A V6. Since last year, Brian has made small improvements to the car to improve mid-range power. It also broke a rocker arm last year so it was down about 60hp—that wasn't going to happen again this time! With the improvements and the CRX's overall awesomeness, it dominated the road course and posted one of the highest dyno numbers of the entire field.

Read more: http://www.superstreetonline.com/eventcoverage/1402_the_competition_ff_battle/#ixzz3AQw0Dd3R

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If a B16 with JRSC will fit....yours will fit without issue.

Yes, it was even shown on TV. OJ, BrianG, Locash and a few other OG Hybriders were on the two part special. The yellow CRX Si now has a J swap in it. That "whore" has seen many swaps :)

FF Battle Competitors - Super Street Magazine

See I was totally wrong....done too many swaps to remember all the details of each without looking back at my notes

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you much!

I'm swapping it on a Saturday/Sunday and have my tuning scheduled for Monday morning, so I needed to make sure it's a pretty quick fit.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,918 Posts
The supercharger will fit fine without beating the shock tower but changing belts without doing so is the difficult part.

My advice would be to test fit the supercharger assembly and try to slide the belt on. If it won't slide in sideways, mark where you need to manipulate with a sharpie and get to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts