Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up Peeps, Did some searching first, And i could not find anything on the matter as what i seek is not really common,

I have a d16, with the d17 internals Set up the little "stroker" set up or what ever you'd like to call it.

I have found a d16 JRSC set up for fairly cheap, I met up with the guy, The blades look good, No play,

Any how, Is there any chance I could run my D17 crank pulley with this d16 JRSC, It is indeed the y8 model as i have a y8 head, (has the slight offset and what not).

I just want to be sure, Its a good deal for a nice rig which are hard to come by without them being trashed.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
365 Posts
If the D17 pulley has the belt grooves spaced the same as the OEM Y8 pulley, then no. The Y8 JRSC kit has a special crank pulley that moves the belt closer to the timing belt cover. Your only saving grace might be if the D17 crank pulley has the grooves "centered" on the same center as the Y8 pulley. I seem to recall that the D17 pulley is 6 rib, and one of those ribs might be to the inside of where the OEM Y8 inner groove is. That might place the belt far enough inwards to work.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yea i Do not have a y8 pulley to compare to, The d17 pulley is quite large, but the alternator is 100% straight at the closest rib towards my timing belt. So odds are i cannot get get this set up, Ill try to see if a buddy has a y8 pulley that i can measure distance from Tbelt to inside of the pulley, and compare it to mine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not compairing y7 to y8.

here is the d series JRSC crank pulley for this particular kit,

The inside ribbing is for the the blowers belt right no?, My issue is, I cannot install this onto my crank as its a d17 crank, and the snout is larger.

So i was trying to see if the d17 crankpulley design would allow me to just run the blower belt on the crank pulley its self, if not, I guess i cannot use the blower set up unless i was to do a front mounted eatonm62 deal but id rather just get a small turbo in that case.

·
Meat Popsicle
2,919 Posts
I am not compairing y7 to y8.

here is the d series JRSC crank pulley for this particular kit,

The inside ribbing is for the the blowers belt right no?, My issue is, I cannot install this onto my crank as its a d17 crank, and the snout is larger.

So i was trying to see if the d17 crankpulley design would allow me to just run the blower belt on the crank pulley its self, if not, I guess i cannot use the blower set up unless i was to do a front mounted eatonm62 deal but id rather just get a small turbo in that case.
Yes inside rib is blower/alternator drive. Not an expert on d17 stuff but if your kit included that pulley then you more than likely won't be able to use the d17 crank. Keep me in mind if you decide to sell your kit, always looking to expand my JRSC inventory.

If I were you though, I'd have machine shop cut the crank snout to fit d16 pulleys. You might be able to run the d17 crank if you didn't have the offset blower pulley but there are also some alternator mounting issues that you will likely run in to. I'm still not 100% on the alternator bracket differences between z6/a6 and y7/y8 kits but there is a spacer and supposedly a modified alternator bracket involved

Sorry, misunderstood/misred your post. Confused d17 w d16y7 mah bad!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its all good, I've been on the forums for some time haha, i' know that you have some good info! I didnt want it to seem like I was being defensive but i was pretty sure you didn't see that haha :)

Yea on this stroker motor i'll probably run a small turbo b4 i did all that cutting into my crank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts