Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be picking up a d series JRSC for pretty cheap. Its got all new gaskets and seals and has only been ran about 2k miles. Plus only one owner :TU:

Its extremely clean, and in functioning order, the only thing is it comes with the 3.4lb aluminum pulley. Which from what I found and he told me, will put it at roughly 11psi? I would really prefer the stock pulley, just because it's going on a stock motor.

Now he said he made 181whp on a stock motor tuned with s200. Ill be tuning with crome, but the only thing I'm worried about is obviously the reliability with running that pulley?

So I'm really wanting to hear from some SC users here. Do you think it will be pushing it to much? Or will it make a good spirited daily driver? I really can't afford to blow a motor, so I'm taking.g as many precautions as possible. I have thought about just getting the original pulley, but from what I've HEARD they're known to warp, unlike the aluminum pulley... I have no idea if that's true?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I wouldnt mind putting down 181 whp on a sohc nonvtec. I still yet have my jrsc to install. I just need to buy gaskets for it and a belt =)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt mind putting down 181 whp on a sohc nonvtec. I still yet have my jrsc to install. I just need to buy gaskets for it and a belt =)
I forgot to mention this is going to go on a d15b. Is there going to.be any fitment issues other this motor? I know its an odd motor in general, I just need to know if the SC will fit funny or not.. I don't see any reasons it should, but I don't fully know.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Hm on a d15 Hmm.. I don't think it will produce much power

:)

Which D15B? Some flavors have very thin rods and would likely have problems with even the 7 or so psi the "stock" pulley would generate. A blower pushing 11 psi on an otherwise stock D15B7 would not be a combination I'd expect to last long.

Answer posted while I was asking...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Im not all knowledgeable about SC but the person I got the JRSC from had it on a d16z6 and he had problems with the alternator hitting the intake manifold. If yours don't hit, you should be fine. Im not sure what pulley he put on the jrsc but it ran and made no noise when he started his engine. I hope to get at least more than 6psi on it. I still have yet to figure out how much money I need to save in order to get everything I need for the setup like gauges and stuff to get an exact reading plus a tune =)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Conventional wisdom around here states that the z6/y8 rods will safely handle ~225whp. That is with a turbo. A supercharger runs by absorbing some of the power you are already making.

For example:

At 200rwhp, a supercharged engine could be "making" 240hp from the rods perspective. But the 40hp is what it takes for the supercharger to spin at XXXXrpm.

You should research how much power the m45 takes to run at the max blower rpm you will be seeing and work from there. Also note that this SC will drastically increase heat with increased rpm (smaller pulley).

All that said, I would run the SC as is. Sounds like you got one in nice shape. Hopefully the bearings have been recently replaced as well.

The reliability of this setup will be from the quality of the tuner. Also I hope you're running bigger injectors.

Edit: You may also need a new map sensor if you are truly reaching 11psi. The stocker will read only up to about 10.5psi.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think i got the initial answer wrong... But will the supercharger Produce so much Power? Thought its just good for b16 and above... But maybe Ian stupid :p

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
You do know there is a difference in the jackson racing superchargers right? What motor did the kit your looking at come off of? Because a jrsc for a y8 will have fitment issues on a z6. Also if its for an a6 it will have a double alternator pulley. Let me see if i can dig up the email i got from mosstec. I think thats who messes with the jrsc stuff these days Hit up preludepatrick he is well knowledge on the jrsc stuff.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You do know there is a difference in the jackson racing superchargers right? What motor did the kit your looking at come off of? Because a jrsc for a y8 will have fitment issues on a z6. Also if its for an a6 it will have a double alternator pulley. Let me see if i can dig up the email i got from mosstec. I think thats who messes with the jrsc stuff these days Hit up preludepatrick he is well knowledge on the jrsc stuff.
Yeah I know there are 2 different kinds. The I've I got originally came off a z6.. its not the one for the y8, I already checked.

I guess I should verify my setup...
D15b vtec
DC header 4-1
440cc inj
new map sensor... I have no idea what to use?
Walbro 255
Tanabe medallion touring exhaust 60mm
chipped and tuned p28 using crome.

I may be forgetting some stuff, but this is the basically of it.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
What chassis?

Okay, just maken sure because when i contacted moss motors thats when i found out there was 3 different kits

Hm on a d15 Hmm.. I don't think it will produce much Torque
Fixed

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
i have been working on my dd /jrsc setup lately.

Im currently running a zc block/z6 head on a fmu

i have rc 310 injectors that i will be installing when i get a tuning session in. I am on 7psi right now. I dont beat on the car just drive it back n forth to work and what not. I would say with the injectors and a tune i would HOPE to be around 160hp right in the b16 range but the s/c setup sounds MEAN! and its all love for the 1cam!

is yours a 3 rib or 4 rib? i can give you the part # on my belt if it will help? I cross referanced the part # and its the same belt as a water pump for like 82-90 monte carlo lol

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Why does everyone think that 90cc's makes that big of a difference when
Building something? The losses from a 1.5l block compared to a 1.6l block are minimal.
This is true. Its not hp your gonna lose(maybe so but i dont think so). Its gonna be the tq numbers since it has a shorter stroke.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have been working on my dd /jrsc setup lately.

Im currently running a zc block/z6 head on a fmu

i have rc 310 injectors that i will be installing when i get a tuning session in. I am on 7psi right now. I dont beat on the car just drive it back n forth to work and what not. I would say with the injectors and a tune i would HOPE to be around 160hp right in the b16 range but the s/c setup sounds MEAN! and its all love for the 1cam!

is yours a 3 rib or 4 rib? i can give you the part # on my belt if it will help? I cross referanced the part # and its the same belt as a water pump for like 82-90 monte carlo lol
I believe mine is a 3 rib? Don't quote me on that tho. I've seen the supercharger and held it, but its not in my possession yet... I wanted to get more info before buying it. Is that part # for the 4 or 3 rib? I'm guessing 4 rib if its the 7 psi pulley.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts