Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pic's and more progress.

1) Installed 2- 6" pioneer mid's in doors. (Had them laying around, new in the box. They fit perfectly, that never happens...)
2) Got pwr mirrors to work again.
3) Fixed a bunch of little exhaust leaks, with some JB weld.
4) Put in missing door clips and screws in dash, tightened everything up.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
JB weld won't fix exhaust leaks son...

Reactions: JDMek

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JB weld won't fix exhaust leaks son...
Lol, yeah, it's def. temp fix. the holes were all real small from a crap weld job, it's worked so far, mostly to help the smell in the car. New exhaust soon!

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just bought this tonight...

I got the dual bend and the shift knob. I can't wait to install these!

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
I would pass on short shifters. generally they're junk.
If the OE shifter wasn't good enough, should have looked into the FLP shifter.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would pass on short shifters. generally they're junk.
If the OE shifter wasn't good enough, should have looked into the FLP shifter.
Have you ever used a good short shifter? Def. way better than OEM! I'm putting in poly bushing and tighten every thing up. Smooth and crisp and quick! I can understand when someone goes ebay mystery stuff...get what u pay for...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I started this in the noob section, then realized posts don't count so here we are!
quoted so you can't change it... sounds like someone is trying to get into a certain section of the forum. and since your trying to get there, i'll help you out. neg rep. :TD:

btw: i also would pass on the short shifter. i have used B&M, sk2 and some other ones. reason being, no matter how fast you move the shifter the trans only shifts so fast. i do however use short shifters in dd cars. as a shorter throw makes it more comfortable. don't this confused with the shorter height shifters, i use only dual bend shifters as the height of the shifter is nicer. again for dd use.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quoted so you can't change it... sounds like someone is trying to get into a certain section of the forum. and since your trying to get there, i'll help you out. neg rep. :TD:
I guess I'm confused, I simply realized I was putting a whole build thread in the noob section, and wanted to move to the showcase section where it belongs. I only linked over to the noob section because that's where I started talking about my project. Again, don't understand what I did wrong, but gee thanks for the neg rep, your a pal!!!

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
I started this in the noob section, then realized posts don't count so here we are!

Because of this comment.....

Post count is needed to enter the for sale section of the site...65 posts that is. Being concerned with post count so fast in your stay can raise the question to some of a possible scammer

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Because of this comment.....

Post count is needed to enter the for sale section of the site...65 posts that is. Being concerned with post count so fast in your stay can raise the question to some of a possible scammer
ahhh, thanks for explaining, lol. Too bad people make assumptions, but I understand why. No, just didn't want to clutter up a section that is for introductions with a whole build thread, and I figure why not make posts count, guess I came across wrong. Anyway back to the build...:)

·
Registered
'91 Crx Si
399 Posts
Have you ever used a good short shifter? Def. way better than OEM!
FLP keeps the hands close to the wheel meaning better control and less chance of a misshift. If you know how/when to shift, you're shift times will show little change, if any. The transmission is only going to shift so fast.

I had a B&M previously, I'd never go back to any short shifter.
If i had to switch from the OEM one, it would be in the FLP direction.

Just another varying opinion.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FLP keeps the hands close to the wheel meaning better control and less chance of a misshift. If you know how/when to shift, you're shift times will show little change, if any. The transmission is only going to shift so fast.

I had a B&M previously, I'd never go back to any short shifter.
If i had to switch from the OEM one, it would be in the FLP direction.

Just another varying opinion.
The dual bend for me feels perfect, and with the weighted knob, it's more like a flick of the wrist than pushing the stick into gear. And a manual transmission is just that, it's only weakness is the ability of the person to push in the clutch, get it in gear and let out again, the faster and smoother you can do this, the faster the tranny shifts. If you decrease the amount of throw from one gear to the next, you can decrease the amount of time the clutch is in. this of course only really applies when your racing, as precious seconds are won and lost by shifting. I'm sorry but I'll take a quicker shift with less effort any day!!

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Epic Fail On Smog Lol!

Yeah not surprised but wow this thing is putting up some #'s!
Looks like my cat is toast, def. unburnt fuel, IACV need's to be cleaned along with throttle body and intake manni. I've noticed my car never warms up to normal, I'm thinking bad t-stat. Could this also affect smog since the IACV and something else, samples the radiator temp??

Gonna get OEM replacment cat this weekend and pull intake manni to clean, check injectors, t-stat, seafoam or GTP, check all vac lines, fix base idle, timing, anything else you guys can think of??

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's my SMOG attack kit: New Cat, t-stat & gasket, fuel filter, pcv valve, O2 sensor, G2P for gastank, New vac hoses, IM gasket, heat-shrink for wire fixes.

·
Happy LiL Trees....
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Put in PCV valve, t-stat, new coolant, new coolant line to Fast idle valve, Vac hoses, etc...

1 - 20 of 201 Posts