Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so I'm about to start my build and just wanted to get some opinions on what I've got in mind.

D16z6 Block:
Eagle Rods
std. bore vitara's (unless there is a better alternative that's similar in price)
Clevite bearings (already have them)
Arp Head studs (have them also)

Z6 Head:(Last thing to order if money permits)
Supertech valve springs (retainers necessary?)
Delta cam regrind (open to opinions)

Turbo setup: (have everything listed)
Garrett Air research t3 (for some reason can't remember size but will get it up.. some reason .48/.63 comes to mind)
dsm 450's
jdm sport intercooler
xs power wastegate
spa bov (but have a greddy also)

Management:
p28 with hondata s200 (have it)

If I'm going wrong with anything please steer me in the right direction.
Thanks

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
larger turbo would be ideal for a built block.

i HATE dsm injectors unless they've been flowed. (most people wont because the whole point of using them is because they are cheap). skimping on the fuel system is the biggest mistake you can make. one injector flowing 10% less fuel in boost and you'll scuff a bore.

hondata s200 is useless. use the p28, purchase neptune and a demon.

you didnt list a turbo manifold, i'll suggest a cast manifold since budget seems to be a priority.

i'd also get custom length rods if you can find some, i used p2p0 (in sig) but he might be out of them now. if so FJT can get you some if you're patient and can spend a little more.

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually saw the link in your sig and checked out the p2p0 site about thirty mins ago but didn't see any rods on the site.
Now that you mention the injectors I will look into some new ones. I just have these on hand. I'd love to get the custom length rods but I'm just not patient enough to wait seven weeks from fj. lol
I'm using a cast mani sorry I failed to mention this, as for the hondata I've been debating on keeping it or not.
budget is 1000 to maybe 1500. Plan to start ordering parts this weekend or beginning of next week.

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pm'd him a few days ago. The bottom end kit has been sold unfortunately. I know my turbo is on the small side but it's here and unless I catch a good deal I'm gonna put it to good use. lol Thanks for the help so far guys. If anybody has rod or piston/rod combo up for sale please let me know!

·
Registered
93 Posts
lookin good

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
I'd hold off on the valvetrain stuff until you make enough power to actually use it to its full potential.

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
if i were you i would look into the fj custom rods with vitaras.i think the are around $420
I'd love to have them. I just don't like waiting. lol Wish they just carried them in stock. If I get lucky maybe I'll find a set someone bought but didn't use :yes:

·
Registered
95 and 96 civic EX
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when i ordered my rods they only took 1 week to come in.
Really? Was that before they started making them as special order items? I may give them a call tomorrow or shoot and e-mail and ask about the availability and an expected delivery time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts