Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just on the site getting ready to order a 6" intercooler, and I was wondering if I need the centered or the offset inlets and outlets. I was thinking the offset, but I've been wrong before.

Also does anyone know how many and what bends I need for my intercooler piping? I actually think it's in the sticky so I'll go check but I thought I would ask while here.

-TAG

W

·
0 Posts
umm you pretty much make the pipes after you get the intercooler usually. cut as you go. thats what i would do.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Johnny Race Car has the best intercoolers we have seen, for the price. They are beautifully finished, come with lots of hardware, and are packaged incredibly!

Not sure about the best placement of the outlets for your particular vehicle. Don't they have some pics up from customer cars? That might give you an idea.

As for intercooler piping. You can probably get away with about 3 of the 180 U Bends, and about a foot or so of straight tubing. 2.5" will probably work best.

(not that I am biased, but we happen to sell a kit that includes the above items, plus a 45 degree bend as well. The straight section is 30" long. Plenty of piping to complete your project. Click the banner to check it out, it's under DIY Kits.)

Thanks from Craig

·
Registered
605 Posts
in maximum boost by corkey bell they show how it is perfered to use a centered one as opposed to a offset ports ill try to get a pic of the page in the books

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
^^^good book. very highly recommended (and recommended in the sticky ;) )

·
Registered
24 Posts
agreed....get the off-sets....that's what i got, with 2.25" charge lines, made routing the pipes much easier. but i guess in the end its just whatever you want. but the offsets do help in the somewhat cramped area behind the bumper once you add a fmic

·
Neighborhood Asshole is Back!
1,892 Posts
TunerToys said:
Not sure about the best placement of the outlets for your particular vehicle. Don't they have some pics up from customer cars? That might give you an idea.
Mine is pictured under the 8" model :TU: and i have the offsets

·
Registered
428 Posts
mine is centered and not too much cutting, youll need at least 4 u bends though, unless you want o cut 5 pieces to make one bend, and good luck having someone weld that up and making it look good

1 - 20 of 23 Posts