Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not only did they get me my 10" JL Sub in slot ported bass wedge for the best price I could find $160 I think..

After 6 months JL sub took a poop.

Called them

Let them know I had 0 ohms resistance between the subwoofer driver's terminals.

Was told to send the old subwoofer driver and they will ship me a new subwoofer driver when they get the old subwoofer driver.

They said the product comes with a 1 year warranty (Not sure from JL or ABT directly)

JL Sub sounded great until it completely stopped working yesterday

Either way pretty impressed with the customer service

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,515 Posts
JL Audio was always like that, even 15+ years ago, when the company was solely based in Florida.

Then again I did have dinner with Lucio and top guys from Mitek (MTX Audio)....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm working on a complete jl audio system. I currently have the 12w3 dual power wedge box run off of a jl 500watt mono and I have a jl e6450 6 channel amp.. Just waiting on cash for good speakers up front. The sub's and mono amp are about 8 yrs old and still sound great. If they ever poop on me I will definitely buy new jl to replace.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Back when I was a car stereo buff, I ran JL subs or not at all. They were fantastic. I loved the old W1 series subs. Great sound and required very little power.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX Coupe
1 Posts
I would also like to give a thumbs up to ABT Electronics. I live near where they are located and have been shopping there for almost 20 years and I have two friends who work their.

The store is amazing, the salespeople are knowledgeable and friendly. Their mobile audio installs are a little pricey but they do top notch work.

It's a family run store and feels like it. They often will "haggle" pricing on some items and I have never had an issue with product warranties.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Back when I was a car stereo buff, I ran JL subs or not at all. They were fantastic. I loved the old W1 series subs. Great sound and required very little power.
Same, except it was either W0s for low power and big enclosures, or W3s for when I wanted something to romp a bit.

I still rock JL Audio speakers whenever I need them. The LGT has a full set in the doors, and they sound great for what it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
im not huge on Audio stuff, but were these high end JL products or cheap ones? almost spend a decent chunk of change on new speakers and JL was high on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts