Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 Civic dx... whenever i'm stationary and my a/c compressor kicked in, my rpm
would rise to 1100-1300 rpm causing my car to lurch forward. Whats wrong? I've just replaced my compressor but the old one does just the same. And my idle is rough too.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
electromagnet to engage clutch draws a lot of power, as well as the compressor taking about 5ish HP. your rpms should go up, but not that high. 1100-1300 is just... damn lol. check your charge in your ac system to see if its too high or too low. how is the cycle? is it really fast or what

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
I don't use mine that much but it sounds about right. my idle with ac on at a stop would be around 1k.

sounds like you have an auto.

so in that case, when the rpms raise up, you need press harder on the brakes, because the engine is trying to turn the wheels with a little more force. In a manual trans car you won't lurch forward, unless you release the clutch.

and the idle is rough in mine too, because your at low rpms and the ac compressor is taking power away from your engine. that and it's messing with the iacv because you don't have the throttle open so it's trying to raise rpms with closed throttle. this is choking your engine. you can cure this by barely pressing in on the gas.

but everything you've described is 100% normal

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gftgrill, when you said everything is 100% normal, I don't think so...(no offence)

when I'm stuck at traffic and my compressor kicked in and out I look like a fool riding a wild horse cause my car will be the only one jerking and lurching forward. it's that bad that the rear suspension sinks.. it obvious... and yea mine's an auto... and my friend's civic doesn't exhibit that kind of problem. Pls give more advise.... will cleaning the iacv helps?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, my idle's fine. With the a/c on its around 800-850. But it shouldn't jump to 1100-1300 when the compressor kicked in right? When I stop at traffic, I always pull up my handbrake cause if I pressed my brake the rpm would go down a little
to 700-750 and caused the car to vibrate.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've changed all my mountings less than a year ago. The jerks are irritating. Is it the sign of the iacv needing some cleaning. Can I use carburrator cleaner? Is it safe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts