Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
EJ8
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a 2015 Wrangler Sahara to be used for my DD so I can finally dedicate time to building the EJ8 properly and not have to expose it to the shit salt and brine that gets dumped all over our roads. The name, "Jeep Dave" comes from the slew of Daves that appeared while I was going through the process of buying this Jeep so it just stuck. :LOL:

It has 105kms+ on it and the 3.6L Pentastar with a six-speed manual. It's definitely a different animal but it's pretty fun. It originated from New Brunswick and has some paint issues starting and some surface rust starting underneath but I am going to take care of all of that once I got back to nights.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Vehicle

After I paid for everything and sealed the deal, got the keys. The sales agent says, "Oh by the way.." apparently the previous owner put an aftermarket remote start in it, but the dealership "disconnected" it but sometimes when you take the key out, the radio stays on OR the jeep stays running.. Really? That pissed me off. So I am going to go get that taken care of. Get rid of that crap.

I also smelled oil while driving it home so I pulled over, popped the hood and they didn't put the oil cap back on, thankfully I didn't lose anything. The oil cap was sitting on the frame rail. Idiots.

So my trust was pretty much completely gone at this point and I am going to take this thing in and get my guy to go to town on it. Check everything and get rid of that electric gremlin.

So the first thing I did was remove the back seats - They'll never get used and the extra space is really nice.
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Mode of transport Head restraint

While snooping around and checking everything.. I noticed the pond in the storage compartment for my spare jack and such.. Interesting. Probably been like that since new. Pulled the drain plug and drained it. Jack is completely garbage and everything that was with it. Perfect.
Grille Car Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Did a quick clean-up.. Doesn't look too bad in there but it's getting cleaned up better and undercoated for sure.
Wood Automotive exterior Material property Vehicle door Fixture

So today I am going to take out all the carpet and panels in the back and see what other BS pops up.

My ultimate goal for this thing is to be used as a daily driver and go wheeling with friends while the EJ8 gets it's desperately needed resto with a turbo. :p

·
Registered
EJ8
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, I have a ZJ
I knew a few people back in the day who had those, they did really well in everything that was thrown at them. Do you use yours for anything in particular or just as a daily?

I have an 18 jk sahara with the 3.6 auto, that thing is quick for what it is, but the solid front axle is sketch at speeds over 80 lol.

when I hear the name "jeep dave" this is who I see

context
I have no idea who that is... :LOL: I definitely feel the sketch when on the highway.

Don't wheel it too hard or you end up with a scrapped jeep, they really aren't made the way they used to be(just like everything), it seems every trail trip puts them down a week or so for repairs, that could also just be the bone heads driving them I guess, but I had to stop taking them on, eating up too much time and parking space.
Indeed. I am definitely not looking to make it a heavy-duty rock crawler or anything like that. Wouldn't mind hitting a few trails here and there for the experience :)

·
Registered
EJ8
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So some stuff I did to make this thing more my own. Installed some LED headlights because the factory ones were pretty janky, and also installed the new grille insert, I really like how subtle and factory it looks. I also had some fun removing the silver plastic off the front and rear covers and experienced taking the rear bumper cover off, which was incredibly easy. This jeep comes apart like lego, like the civic. It's nice.

Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire

I am pulling the system out of the civic this weekend and hopefully going to put it in this thing.

·
Registered
EJ8
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you better aim them lights properly. I swear every jeep owner down here has them pointed 6ft off the ground blinding everybody. so many times Ive flashed my high beams at them just to find out theyre not even the highs lol.
one day, I am going to install my spot light and get my revenge lol

Stryker ST - GOLIGHT

544000 candela ;)
Haha, I made sure these were aimed properly. I hated being blinded by everyone in the Civic, so I won't be that person now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts