Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
jdmd15b non vtec rebuild ????

i bought my crx (betty white)...about 6 mounths ago from a friend who knew nothing about hondas...i wrecked my brains trynna find out what kinda motor it was what with a d15b stamped on the block and pm3-8 head....did some research and someone said they had the same in their civic and talked about a block off plate on back of head...sure enough i had it to and turns out its a jdmd15b non vtec factory with dual carbs but swapped to mpfi (block off plate was for mechanical fuel pump?)...anyways i need a rebuild kit or a list of parts that would work (valve stem seals, piston rings, bearings, and gaskets) thatll work...im going through 5 quarts a month burning it all away...oo yea and my downpipe/exhaustmanifold flange is leaking but the bolts on it are funny looking and its a pain to get into that area...any insight would be greatly appreciated...plz and thanks guys...

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
My insight would be to search and see what other guys are using as rebuild kits or even go to your local auto parts store and ask them about a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
'93 Civic D15B7/5spd
120 Posts
I am running the D15B non-VTEC in my CRX, it is EXACTLY the same as the D15B7 in and out except the hole for the fuel pump and fuel pump lobe on the camshaft.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
d15b is the same as d15b7 nothing in the jdm model changes mabie just the cam
Depends on what D15b we talking about there are a few, so maybe the head too...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THanks guys much appreciated ill check for that pm3 stamp...but tranny is on pass side ur directions were a lil fuzzy but im sure ill find it...im guessing thats the piston code?....great frikkin forum btw...never woulda gotten this help on tamparacing

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
the cheap ebay kits work fine, in case you might be worrying. jsut be sure it contains a metal headgasket. lots of them put z6/y8 head gaskets mistakenly, and it works in our favor!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts