Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
jdmd15b non vtec rebuild ????

i bought my crx (betty white)...about 6 mounths ago from a friend who knew nothing about hondas...i wrecked my brains trynna find out what kinda motor it was what with a d15b stamped on the block and pm3-8 head....did some research and someone said they had the same in their civic and talked about a block off plate on back of head...sure enough i had it to and turns out its a jdmd15b non vtec factory with dual carbs but swapped to mpfi (block off plate was for mechanical fuel pump?)...anyways i need a rebuild kit or a list of parts that would work (valve stem seals, piston rings, bearings, and gaskets) thatll work...im going through 5 quarts a month burning it all away...oo yea and my downpipe/exhaustmanifold flange is leaking but the bolts on it are funny looking and its a pain to get into that area...any insight would be greatly appreciated...plz and thanks guys...

·
Registered
'93 Civic D15B7/5spd
120 Posts
I am running the D15B non-VTEC in my CRX, it is EXACTLY the same as the D15B7 in and out except the hole for the fuel pump and fuel pump lobe on the camshaft.

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
d15b is the same as d15b7 nothing in the jdm model changes mabie just the cam
Depends on what D15b we talking about there are a few, so maybe the head too...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THanks guys much appreciated ill check for that pm3 stamp...but tranny is on pass side ur directions were a lil fuzzy but im sure ill find it...im guessing thats the piston code?....great frikkin forum btw...never woulda gotten this help on tamparacing

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
the cheap ebay kits work fine, in case you might be worrying. jsut be sure it contains a metal headgasket. lots of them put z6/y8 head gaskets mistakenly, and it works in our favor!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts