Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get asked about importing complete cars fairly often so I thought I'd see how much interest there is for this service? If enough people are interested and I can line up at least 3 cars at once to spread the cost of importation between the buyers, I'll do a shipment. Depending what you want I also offer the option of traveling with me to my suppliers facility in Japan to hand pick and test drive the car prior to ordering.

Anyway lmk what ya'll think and who would want what. Here's some pics from my last shipment and the bill of lading for it as well.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM or email me.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Since you are from Green Bay, would you happen to know how to register these cars for street use in Wisconsin? I might be interested in something like this, especially if I could take a test drive first. Can you give estimates on pricing for cars? How about these:

Skyline
Civic Type R
Integra Type R
S2000

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since you are from Green Bay, would you happen to know how to register these cars for street use in Wisconsin? I might be interested in something like this, especially if I could take a test drive first. Can you give estimates on pricing for cars? How about these:

Skyline (Which one? 2 door or 4 door, R32 GTS-t or GTR, R33 GTS-t or GTR, R34 GTT or GTR)
Civic Type R (10,000 and up)
Integra Type R (10,000 and up)
S2000 (20,000 and up)
The cars are already titled and registered upon delivery to you so all you have to do is go to the DMV and swap the title to your name. If you want to be able to test drive the car prior to purchase, you'll need to wait until I start bringing in shipments without requiring deposits. If all goes as planned that'll be later this summer around July or so.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glass Top CRX Si-R Price.
They average anywhere from 8-12k depending on the condition.

In terms of the test drive, I was referring to the traveling with you to the supplier. It sounds like a fun "road trip".
Haha, Oh ok. Ya that can be done as well. If you want to wait until I fly over you only have to cover your expenses but in the event you wanted to go ASAP I'd have to include my expenses as well since I'd lose money on the sale otherwise. The supplier we'd be traveling to does have a shop and also campaigns a D1 car so I'd advise any trips be scheduled during a week they have a competition for obvious reasons.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
come on molecule, stay out from boost's thread. if you don't agree with his prices doesn't allow you to come to HIS thread to announce other people.

if you disagree with him, well, make your own thread.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Hey boost, on that bill of loading was that just cost of importation, freight, car, a combination of the 3?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey boost, on that bill of loading was that just cost of importation, freight, car, a combination of the 3?
Molecule is right. It's the weight of the units and the cubic meters each took up. It'd be cool if that was the cost but alas, I am not so lucky.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Hah I wasnt paying attention to the units of measurement, I was like $30k for all of those cars HELL YEAH. Can you give us an example of freight, import fees and vehicle cost using those three cars?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hah I wasnt paying attention to the units of measurement, I was like $30k for all of those cars HELL YEAH. Can you give us an example of freight, import fees and vehicle cost using those three cars?
I could but the example and associated cost would more or less break down exactly how I import the cars. I will say that on a 3 car shipment the cost per buyer is right about 3700 to get the car from Japan to the US, clear it through customs, etc. After that there's domestic logistics to get the order from the port to me, business overhead, titling, registration, and my profit. With that being said, it's not that the cars themselves that are that expensive, but moreso the logistical and operational cost run the total cost per car up. Not to mention in many cases I have to make it worth my effort to sell whole cars rather than parting them out which can usually net higher profits.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
90-91 Civic Si Hatch Nothing special.
How bad would I be raped AND how long of a wait till I get to drive?

Hit me up on AIM
I'll tty in a sec. I gotta run have a smoke.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
I could but the example and associated cost would more or less break down exactly how I import the cars. I will say that on a 3 car shipment the cost per buyer is right about 3700 to get the car from Japan to the US, clear it through customs, etc. After that there's domestic logistics to get the order from the port to me, business overhead, titling, registration, and my profit. With that being said, it's not that the cars themselves that are that expensive, but moreso the logistical and operational cost run the total cost per car up. Not to mention in many cases I have to make it worth my effort to sell whole cars rather than parting them out which can usually net higher profits.
Im not trying to call you out or anything, just curious about associated costs. I have no problem with you taking a profit for your efforts. Is the way you import cars a secret? :)

Lets say you have a buyer on the west coast too, is it necessary to have the vehicle transported to your business for titling or can it be done in the buyers state?

Maybe I want an 85 Celica XX.

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
I'd be interested in something. I can never quite decide on what kind of JDM car I would like to molest though. Will get back to you. Hit me up on aim sometime and we can chat. I'll try and decide. I'd be buying later this year between July and October. I'd also like to fly over with you. Never know if I'd want more than 1.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.