Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Curious George
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys who sold me my z6 head told me it's a jdm (I don't bought it because it was a JDM, because it was a z6 head). I checked out part listing and no JDM for z6 head... but I read on other site JDM head z6 doesnt' have vtec oil pressure sensor, where the hole between 2-3 intake port is block with a set screw.

Does JDM z6 head exist ? if yes how can I be sure about this ? If yes, what's the difference ?

thank you

·
Registered
395 Posts
The head you have is most likely a JDM D15B head. its basically the same as the USDM D16Z6 head. Its the same head I have on my Hatch. Basically the JDM D15B head has the most aggressive sohc vtec OEM cam. At least thats what Ive heard and read. So that is probably the head you have....hope this helped a little.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I have a jdm sohc vtec head that was a 1.6 litre , The head is stamped p28 and the only diff. I can see in the head is the camshaft has a slightly greater lift and duration. I can take pics of it if needed. Ive actually got the camshaft,valve springs and retainers for sale under gloryhogs flea market!!! A CROWER stg.2 now fills its place and oh my what a dirty little bastard it is!!LOL

BTW my engine code is stamped ZC, I was told that it came in the 93-95 japanese Del Sol. The compression is slightly higher than the US d16z6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts