Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently aquired a jdm d16a vtec semi built (je pistons w/ eagle rods). my boy just wrecked his crx and sold the engine to me for 300. the engine is still running in his crx but he could never get the timing right. he as the dizzy advanced further than it should be just to get it to idle decent. timing belt is dead on both timing marks. his car is still odb0 but he had the same issue in his eg coupe. before i drop this into my car i would like to get he timing figured out. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
if it needs to be really advanced/retarded for it to "idle decent"/run, its off a tooth on the cam gear.
make sure that your using the white mark on the crank pulley, not the 3 that are close together (this info is correct for d16z6/b7, im not sure if its correct for a d16a however)

easy way to find tdc on #1 cylinder it to put a 1/4" extension (long one!) in the spark plug whole and when it reaches its highest point, look and see what mark on the crank pulley the timing marks are lining up with. then put the belt on with the cam also at tdc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts