Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrighty guys, so I fried the piston rings in my d16y7, no compression, so I order a jdm replacement for my '99 Honda civic dx. the replacement they sent me is a d16a motor, I swapped all my accessories, from my dmotor onto it. and put it in the car, it has fuel air and spark, and is in time and will still not run. I took the ckf sensor from mine, and put it on the d16a, it was really simple. but the car will not start. im wondering if I need an obd2a, my 99 has an obd2b. any help or suggestion guys? I left the stock d16a oil pump on it too, did I need to swap the one from my d16y7 to go with the crank sensor the jdm block had the mount for it. any help guys, I really need this car to run. had some bad luck lately. preciate all the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im going to compression test it, but I ordered it threw lowmileageenginesllc out of Memphis tenn they get theres from a jdm supplier in cali. they recommeneded swapping the sensor on over the ckf by pass trick. im using the old computer from my 99, it is an obd2b, so Imagine it is looking for the crank sensor. what im trying to figure out is if the jdm ran with a obd2a, and if having it wired to my obd2b is whats keeping it from starting. it sounds good when its kicking over it just wont start

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
im going to compression test it, but I ordered it threw lowmileageenginesllc out of Memphis tenn they get theres from a jdm supplier in cali. they recommeneded swapping the sensor on over the ckf by pass trick. im using the old computer from my 99, it is an obd2b, so Imagine it is looking for the crank sensor. what im trying to figure out is if the jdm ran with a obd2a, and if having it wired to my obd2b is whats keeping it from starting. it sounds good when its kicking over it just wont start
Doesn't mean much.
I got a low miles jdm motor and it seem like there is a small leak in the head gasket.

But if you have spark, fuel and timing. It should start with good compression.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright i ran a compression test, all cylinders between 150,160. I tore all the covers off again checked, put the motor at tdc, on the compression stroke, all my timing mark lined up on the cam gear, as well crankshaft. I put the harmonic balancer back on, with the lone tdc mark straight up 12 oclock position, with the key stock at the 12 oclock position. My thoughts are now on the disributor. When the motor is at tdc, my dizzy teeth are at the 12 and 6 oclock positions, i aligned the the two straight lined marks etched on the dizzy is that the correct orientation for the dizzy? If i turned the teeth on the dizzy a couple full turns either direction, could it had advanced or retardes the timing in the dizzy itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts