Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First off has anyone heard of this? Supposidly they came off like JDM 93-95 EXs. Theyre stamped D16 on the block. Does anyone have specs on these motors? redline, pwr, compression etc. thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant beleive ive baffled the guys at d-series...haha its a sohc vtec. and yes it definitly says D16 on the block, just D16. No one has heard of this?

·
Registered
219 Posts
There should be more written than D16.. Example.. D16Z6.. Not just D16. It makes no sense.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
If it's a D16 and VTEC, it's probebly a SOHC ZC VTEC. It's compareable to a D16Z6 as far as stats go.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ahhh im so confused! If its the ZC sohc vtec why would it say D16 on the block..i thought the zcs always said ZC on the block. This motor is sooo weird what the heck. It was said to have 32k miles hence it being "JDM" and by the looks of it..its quite believable.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
coltmorris said:
ahhh im so confused! If its the ZC sohc vtec why would it say D16 on the block..i thought the zcs always said ZC on the block. This motor is sooo weird what the heck. It was said to have 32k miles hence it being "JDM" and by the looks of it..its quite believable.
to me, it sounds like someone scratched off the rest of the numbering and is telling you that it is JDM, because all d16s in Japan were simple marked "ZC"

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i looked really closely and it doesnt look like anything is scratched off

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the only ZC for 92 up that came in japan are in the chasis EG5,EH1... THE D16A was the only jdm d16 it was 96 - 00 and it came in the ek5, ek8 all 4 door 4wd/lev thats all i could find in any of my documents of a jdm d16

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
coltmorris said:
It was said to have 32k miles hence it being "JDM" and by the looks of it..its quite believable.
A few cans of engine cleaner and my 200,000 mile A6 will look like it has 20,000 on it, at least on the outside.....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No idea man, it sounds similar to a Z6 though. It just might not be JDM, but imported from somewhere else, or it came from Japan but was originally sold elsewhere then the car was exported back to Japan.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, its like just my luck to get a motor this freakin weird. But as far as i know, if it were USDM it would definitly have a letter also, for example D16a so since it doesnt ..it means its not USDM and not JDM...ohh boy

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Look at the head casting and manifold casting. that would at least give you a comparision. I believe it should be a P08 casting. If it is, just treat it as a Z6.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
are there any serial numbers under the d16, if so i think it is www.jhpusa.com that will tell you where it came from and what type of car and the year

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah...thanks for all your help..i just so badly wanted to know exactly what this thing was..thanks again though!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts