Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just swapped a blown up D16z6 for a jdm D15b today was the first time i tried to start it and it cranks and cranks but no start. when i did the swap i added an oil pressure guage that took the place of the stock oil pressure sender. i also added a coolant temp guage where the coolant drain plug used to be those are the only things about the motor that are not stock, the timing belt does spin, the battery is full and the starter cranks. any ideas guys. i might just be over looking somthing simple so any comments are great.

thanks guys

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah sleep is probably right, the grounds, cause I never knew till he told me that if they aren't on the engine won't roll, so yeah thats probably what it is, always seems to be the stupid shit.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Just a thought. Did you time the motor or did you just throw it in there and try to crank it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i got it to start thanks guys for all your info but now i have another question it turns over and runs but has a really sporatic idle any ideas? it was not starting due to a wire to the distributer was severed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ended up jumping it to see if it threw a code and it ended up being a idle air control. its out of my car now trying to clean it if not i have another. thanks guys for all you info if any of you live in sd area go to the jdm unlimited meet on december 7th in oceanside.

thanks again

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i want to chip it but i dont know what kit go get what is the best ect. if you have any info on this it would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so if i wanted to chip my ecu and make it run great for not too much money what would you go with.

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
what everyone goes with .. that doesent want to spend money on engine management, crome of course.

its like crabs.. even tho the software is no longer supported and dieing it still spreads like crazy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
how about this what is the least expensive but most bang for the buck kit you would get ?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts