Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we had the motor all bolted-up and running last week...but now, we try to start it, and it wont fully turn over...the starter is working fine, as well as the rest of the ignition...theres adequate fuel pressure...air...wicked spark...and the compression is fine...it feels like we've checked everything...all the necessary elements are there for the engine to run...the only codes the ecu is throwing 1, 21, 22: for the o2 sensor (1 wire instead of 4) and the two for vtec; the solenoid, and oil pressure...we are completely baffled...any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys...

· No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
4,041 Posts
hate to be an ass, but i wouldn't ask if i have never seen it happen before. do you have enough gas?

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Is fuel pump working??.....make sure the timing didnt get thrown off. check your grounds...my problem was i had the spark plugs in the wrong place on dist. :D stupid me

· Registered
26 Posts
sounds like a timing issue, and my guess would be the timing belt considering you had the engine running already and all of a sudden it doens't want to fire, chances are if the timing was off from the start it wouldn't have fired, if it did and now it isn't it may be the timing belt, maybe im way outta line, but it happened to two people i know, and i mean if you have ur cover off you can obviously tell, im not taking you for a moron or nothin, you would know if ur belt went, just check that and again with your ignition timing, dist cap possibly 180 degrees off or your plug wires on the wrong way. thats all i can think of . let us know how it goes good luck

· Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the input...unfortunately we've tried all ur ideas already :( ...you can hear the fuel pump come on when the ignition is on...timings good...we checked all the grounds...and in the haynes manual it says theres a ground on the back of the intake manifold...but i cant find one...i checked out the old motor too...nothing...does anybody know if there even is one?? we've also tried moving the dist. back and forth while trying to start it...we double checked that the spark plug wire terminals were plugged in in the correct firing order...and its all gravy...we're really baffled now...i mean u can hear the putting of the valves opening and closing...my buddy has a snap-on diagnostic computer at his dads shop...so were gonna check it out with that this weekend...thanks for the suggestions...anymore would be great...keep 'em comin guys!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.