Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum and just picked up a eg hatch with a jdm d15b vtec (supposedly). I checked the block obviously( d15b)and the cylinder head code( p08-3) timing belt cover was not on the motor. will a d16z6 timing belt cover work? I have never had a jdm motor so im a little iffy about driving a hour to the junkyard to pick one up and find out it wont fit.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I'd think they are the same seeing as the Vx (D15Z1) is the same as the D16Z6

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
The upper cam belt cover should be the same but the lower one is probably different since the blocks are different heights. Honda might have found a way to make them interchange though they are pretty clever so not 100% sure. Look up the OEM part numbers and compare?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually found a random d15b8 in my shed figured id take a look and see and it looks close but the exhaust side bolt is in the middle instead of the bottom. I might just try and run it(trim the bottom if i have to just use one bolt) for now till i can pick up a z6 or z1. just been trying to get all my parts together before I pull the motor and put it in my 92 eg hatch. the 95 has major body issues lol. thanks for the help

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I have a d15b upper timing belt cover on a z6 and its a little shorter. Idk about the lower but im going to have to assume the same.
I have a Z6 upper timing cover on my D15B, I didn't have any shortness issues.

They both bolted up the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts