Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently like on oct28th installed a jdm d15b vtec in my 96 ek coupe now i need to wire up the vtec solenoid but it doesnt have the pressure switch and some people say the jdm d15 doesnt have a pressure switch but if thats true what would i have to do to wire up the one wire swich ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on now its installed and running and nobody can help with the one wire switch fuck it ima just hook it up to the posi terminal

·
Registered
189 Posts
The one wire for the solenoid goes to the ECU. The two wires for the pressure switch only need to be wired if the ECU looks for the switch.

·
Registered
99 Posts
using a switch will work.... but may damage your rockers and valves if switched on too early....the d15b that doesn't use the pressure switch depends on the engine to be at a high rev(above 3000prm) to have enough oil pressure to safely activate and operate vtec.... better to use a rpm switch or use a 12v shift light and set it to 3500-4200rpm...but you will still be running non-vtec maps so you won't get the real benefit of having vtec..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts