Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 90 crx dx with good ol' dual point injection...thinking about getting a jdm d15b and boosting it but curious if this is wise or if i should find a z6 instead? kant find too much useful info on the jdm d15b out there so thought id try asking for some guidance here...plan on keeping my stock cable dx tranny just doing clutch and flywheel before i throw the swap in and then boosting it....just let me know any feedback is helpful and i will use in my decision....thanks again

Matt

·
Registered
106 Posts
Theres a great writeup about the d15b in the NA section I would advise you to look at before buying. The d15b vtec is a great motor in my opinion. Its essentially the jdm version of the z6. It shares rods and pistons with the z6 from what I have read but it has a unique crank that accounts for the slightly lower displacement. The cam is where it gets the boost in power coupled with the better r/s ratio. Its a rev happy motor that responds well to turbocharging just like te z6. With your current setup, you will have to convert to mpfi and I would also suggest converting to obd1 and using a p28 for tuning purposes. The d15b also is able to use almost all of the aftermarket parts for the z6 with the exception of some parts that are sourced from other honda motors, like the oil pump and timing belt. I have a d15b vtec and have a t3/to4e stage 3 turbo setup on it and its great. Still get great gas mileage and its a fun setup. Theres tons of info out there about the d15b and plenty of people running that motor that would be great to read up on. Search it up on here, ef-honda.com, and honda-tech and youll find answers to almost any question you might have. Best of luck with the swap and post if you have questions!

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
WOW!! Noob response of the year! Nice going Geoman we need more noobies like you on this site. Very good reply I'm just shocked.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
WOW!! Noob response of the year! Nice going Geoman we need more noobies like you on this site. Very good reply I'm just shocked.
:stupid:

·
Registered
64 Posts
The D15B is a very good motor with 130hp.Thats a good start.I have one in the civic.I am going to install a JRSC soon,so its going to get a lot better.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Don't forget the pistons and cam being unique. The wristpin is 3mm higher on the P08 pistons, and the cam is mildly more agressive.... I have both cams, and they measured up like I thought.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
Theres a great writeup about the d15b in the NA section I would advise you to look at before buying. The d15b vtec is a great motor in my opinion. Its essentially the jdm version of the z6. It shares rods and pistons with the z6 from what I have read but it has a unique crank that accounts for the slightly lower displacement. The cam is where it gets the boost in power coupled with the better r/s ratio. Its a rev happy motor that responds well to turbocharging just like te z6. With your current setup, you will have to convert to mpfi and I would also suggest converting to obd1 and using a p28 for tuning purposes. The d15b also is able to use almost all of the aftermarket parts for the z6 with the exception of some parts that are sourced from other honda motors, like the oil pump and timing belt. I have a d15b vtec and have a t3/to4e stage 3 turbo setup on it and its great. Still get great gas mileage and its a fun setup. Theres tons of info out there about the d15b and plenty of people running that motor that would be great to read up on. Search it up on here, ef-honda.com, and honda-tech and youll find answers to almost any question you might have. Best of luck with the swap and post if you have questions!
jesus if this isnt a copy and paste response to every d15b ? i've read from noobs idk what is. good shite. and pos rep is deserved for this :)

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
jesus if this isnt a copy and paste response to every d15b ? i've read from noobs idk what is. good shite. and pos rep is deserved for this :)

not that he copied and pasted it.,

that it is a copy and pastable< word?. post which would save us alot of trouble. its just alot of things covered in brief and i like it from a noob on this forum.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts