Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help please.

I have a jdm d15b in my 1996 civic ex. I am going to start building for boost but I have a few questions.

I have read that I need to upgrade my pistons but through the reading I have been doing I cant seem to find what pistons work best for the jdm d15 b. I guess if I can get some suggestion for parts to turbo this motor that would be a huge help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bisimoto, FJ Distributors, and RC Auto works are the only places I've found any. From my research I've found out that the pistons are unique to the d15b and most of the time they are special order, custom made aftermarket parts. Don't quote me on that that, just want I've gathered someone else may be able to help out more. I know for sure bisi has them but they are pricey.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Ive been running my d15b for 6 months at 200 whp with no probs yet. My compresion results can back 210-215 across the board. Get a compression test to make sure the engine is healthy. If its healthy you can get away with 200 hp or alittle more with a good tune on it. Set a goal and start to research what steps are needed. Leave some room for growth in case you want more later on so you dont have to buy somthing twice.

Here this should help if you want to strengthen the block. Make sure you get .5mm over so you know the rings will seat right during break in. It looks like the pistons are the same size and the rods are a little shorter then the d16.
FJ Distributors

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bisimoto, FJ Distributors, and RC Auto works are the only places I've found any. From my research I've found out that the pistons are unique to the d15b and most of the time they are special order, custom made aftermarket parts. Don't quote me on that that, just want I've gathered someone else may be able to help out more. I know for sure bisi has them but they are pricey.
Wiseco, CP, EJ, Arias, Vitara...

·
Registered
78 Posts
i just bought my buddies with a stock healthy engine running 180 hp with a t25 8 psi and he's been running it with this set up before i bought it for more the 1 year no problems with it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts