Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am having issues with a swap I did into my 98 civic. I've owned this civic for 5 years and had multiple swaps in it. After having the car sit as a shell in my garage for about a year I decided to go out and buy a sohc from a wrecked ef on Craigslist. The motor started and ran fine and the compression was 180 across.

Long story short I swapped that engine into my 98 civic and I cannot get it to run right. I'm using a y8 engine harness and tried multiple ecus 0bd2a LS ecu and jumper harness to p28. The car cranks really long and finally starts when started the motor shakes and pops when given throttle. The spark plugs are black after I checked them. I tried 2 different z6 distributor. A whole different wiring harness. Spark is there compression is good. Its getting fuel but I just can't seem to get it running correctly. The timing is also good I had a buddy check it.
I have tried different map sensor also

Motor jdm d15b (sohc vtec)
Problem. ( hard start, rough idle, backfires)

·
Registered
650 Posts
You really should have gotten a D15B harness...

And when you start mixing up random electrical components, you wind up with quite a cluster-fuck.

You may have to just get the proper harness, components, and accessories, and then go from there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts