Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Basic setup of my 94 Honda Civic Hatchback DX. Stock motor blew a headgasket and 3 of the headbolt threads on the block were stripped. Instead of getting it repaired, I decided to swap it with a low mileage JDM D15B purchased from Engine World in Emeryville, CA. Enjoy! :)

JDM D15B SOHC VTEC
3" AEM short ram intake
eBay 4-2-1 header
High Flow Catalytic Converter
2.36" mandrel bent b-pipe
05+ Acura RSX Type-S muffler
Skunk2 Pro Series intake manifold
Skunk2 Pro Series cam gear
Stock P28 ecu

Launch Test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnsTCL85W1U

Burnout Test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEQPwOwLTt8

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
would do better with a 2.5 inch SRI pulls good though hmm makes me want to finally step out of the a6 world and into a d15b vtec.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha. Sorry about the tach guys. I know I should be rocking a USDM ITR gauge cluster. Im going to try a 2.5" AEM cold air intake to see if there are any improvements. Thanks.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
I'm not sure why people hate on tachs when they have a purpose. Stock tachs are slow or fast depends on how you look at it.

Nice run but still spinning a bit.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
I'm not sure why people hate on tachs when they have a purpose. Stock tachs are slow or fast depends on how you look at it.

Nice run but still spinning a bit.
i never said it didn't hold a purpose but the way its mounted is not aesthetically cool to me is what im saying. i grew out of my monster tach faze i guess. on a DD its not that much of a realistic thing to have unless its a weekend track car also etc...

either way im into the smaller ones the more low key ones actually cali cops don't play. im cool with just a shift light.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
would do better with a 2.5 inch SRI pulls good though hmm makes me want to finally step out of the a6 world and into a d15b vtec.
would do even better with a CAI. Not bad though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys. I just finished installing a Fujita CA-1902 Cold Air Intake, which will replace the 3" AEM short ram. I will post a new video including burnout. Later.

·
Registered
Civic
882 Posts
either way im into the smaller ones the more low key ones actually cali cops don't play. im cool with just a shift light.
Yea cops are BS here.

At least his actually works. I have seen many that just are screwed into the dash...lifeless.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
is that extra port on your IM blocked or does it normally have something running to it? If not your killin yourself there

1 - 20 of 23 Posts