Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my JDM D15B in my Si and it idles ok until it gets warm, then the idle jumps around. It smokes as well. I think its getting too much fuel. I am running the p28 and not the p08 since I have the 4 wire o2. I have searched for 3 days now and most people say the p28 should be fine. Some say I need the p08 base maps. Should I just use the p08? Can I use the p08 with the 4 wire o2? I have a Skunk2 intake manifold, short ram intake,DC sports header, AEM fuel rail and pressure regulator. I have no CEL and it drives good other than smoking like a diesel. I was told an AFC may help. I ordered the APEXI Neo and also the plug and play harness from Boomslang. Anyone have some good advice?

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
What color is the smoke? Black, white or blue? Have you also checked the spark plugs for fouling?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plugs look good, oil level looks good, coolant level looks good. Its been raining or dark when I have taken it out, but the smoke looks grayish. smells more like fuel than oil.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
you're running rich imho.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
you can hook up either p08 or p28 using the 4 wire harness but the p08 will only use the one wire.

you should either chip the p28 for p08 maps or use the p08

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put in the P08 and the idle was bouncing from like 700 tp 1500 like crazy. Is that because of the 4 wire o2? I put the p28 back in and it got better. I checked the TPS sensor and that checked out ok too. I am learning a lot, but I am very frustrated right now

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
use the 4 wire o2 sensor hooked into your si engine harness but run the p08 ecu.

the p08 only uses 1 wire but if i remember correctly it doesnt plug into the si/ex harness and i remember not being able to get it to run untill i switched to my dx 4 wire o2 sensor.

if you're determined to use the p28 ecu atleast chip it for p08 maps they're more suitable for jdm d15b unless you plan on going all out then you need to chip anyway to tune.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts