Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
yes, ls rods can be modified to work

·
Registered
Wagovan
773 Posts
If im right the Ls rods need to be modded because of clearence issues on the rod caps.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
big end is to wide and the pin end needs to be re-bushed, and possible shaven (cant remember exactly)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
some people say there 137 and some say there 134 i think there dif in the jdm d15b non vtec and thd jdm d15b vtec. The prob is i live over seas and i have to order parts from the states so i dont wana order pistons and rods wait a mounth then wen they get here find out iv spent a couple hondred bucks and waited all this time and i cant use em. So has any body actualy pulled the rods out of a jdm d15b non vtec and mesured them?

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
easy fix to this situation, you say it's a jdm d15b which most of us associate with the one that has the 137mm length and the big end bore size of the 1.6 motors. so give use more details like

is it vtec or non, and if it is vtec is it single or dual. that will tell use what variant of jdm d15b you have since i guess you really dont know

and if it the smaller bore size i believe it was mentioned that the vx rods a slightly beefier then the regular ones, and would yield a better R/S ratio but piston choose would be limited going that way

for NA application your stock rods will be fine, just might want to put some arps in there for extra security

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
what power levels, stock would more then likely do it.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
well i have a jdm d15b and i dont have vtec. I did alot of serching they do exist.
I have one in the garage right now but I can not measure the rods for another month or so. I have been told they are identical to D15B7.

Pictures
http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-building/139757-wt-debacle.html#post2173057

FYI Y8 head on that block is 11:1 Compression and Z6 is 10.5:1

@qweakers Maybe I'm retarded but I think the D15 bore is the same size as D16 its the stroke that gives it 1.5 ltrs yes?
and if it the smaller bore size i believe it was mentioned that the vx rods a slightly beefier then the regular ones, and would yield a better R/S ratio but piston choose would be limited going that way

1 - 14 of 14 Posts