Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody , I'am new here and i just ordered a D15B and their are some things that have been troubling me ... First the timing belt , i have searched and searched and recieved mixed answers about this .... either the 92-95 VX belt or the Z6 belt and their seem to be mixed opinions .. and i wanted to know wich is the correct timing belt to use ... (i'am thinking the z6 belt due to the P08 ID), then their are things like the starter and alternator ? Are all D series starters/alternators the same ? What about the headgasket ... then the move onto internals parts, wich sparkplugs are the correct sparkplugs to use ? Z6 or VX plugs (or others ? ) please feel free to post any part numbers or experiences you guys have had as well .. thanks in advance

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
ok..
Check part numbers and compare..always compare...parts suppliers are idiots alot of times..
Sava a civic is a parts number guy..
Depending on the motor an a,z,or y motor parts are interchangeable..
here is a site thats all D depedant for you too find specifics.
http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/D.htm
Hope this helps

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a d15b before and anything from a sohc vtec fits on it "D16z6" starter, alternator, timing belt, so whenever you need something just buy it for a d16z6 92-95 civic Coupe ex or 92-95 civic hatchback SI

1 - 3 of 3 Posts