Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 ex coupe with a blown motor (d16y8) and i was wondering if a d15b would be a direct swap...i can only get the long block so would the tranny, ecu, harness and axels, all from my ex fit onto the d15b? if not what do i need to buy/change for this to work. I was told the tranny fits perfectly. So i was wondering if anyone has done this and if it worked out well thanks in adv.

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
i am on my 2nd d15b in my 97 ex, the only thing you need to do is figure out how you want to get the first vtec to engage, i have a thread about all this, basicaly its run it with a safc, evap trick, rpm switch, wot switch, or a new ecu ie Hondata s300 ob1 ecu, Aem ems , Tec 3, megasquirt. I personaly run mine on a hondata s300 ecu, this way its all honda in the background controlling cold starts and whatnot, very simple to use. This motor is a twin vtec so do your research and know what your getting into! any jdm D engine will not run great off you p2p ecu nor almost any factory usdm ecu so get use to finding means to make it work , the motor is great if you have the patience and money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts