Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
cryz2 said:
wops i should have put non v-tec
thanks for the link it was a good read

JDM D15B non v tec ! it came with dule carbs , in the CRX , it has an extra lobe on the cam to run the macanical fule pump !!!!

isn't it the same thing as a SOHC ZC almost?

·
Registered
643 Posts
cryz2 said:
Has any one got any info for this engine ? or a data sheet ? with the non vtec cam spec ,
thanks
One of the BASE engines avail in Japan.
rated 105 ps
We import them as replacement longblocks for 88-95 Civic/CRX.
The 5 spd trans that come with these engines are usually either the 4.25 FD units (the same as our USDM Si) or the 3.88 FD units (same as the caca DX)
Most thankfully come with the 4.25 FD.
Put in a MPFI conversion IHE and you got yourself something that can hang.
The CAM specs I'm not sure of, like all mystery JDM engine cams. I think it's cause we're cheap enough to BUY replacement engines, why should we bother sending it out to check the specs??? WE WANT OUR CARS RUNNING!!!

·
Registered
civic
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep but the engine is not mine , but i am hopeing to buy the cam thats why i want the info ? i dont want to go FI , i want to stay with carbs , i dont want to add a ECU and fuel elc fuel pump ,
WE all want are cars too run , but i want the best BANG FOR MY BUCK as you say in the UsA?

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
honda guy said:
isn't it the same thing as a SOHC ZC almost?
I thought that I was the only loon..........the JDM motor that used to be in my '92 also says D15B on it. it's a no-tec and did 69kw at the wheels if that is any help. Mine also had twin carbs on before I changed to EFI.

D

·
0 Posts
Ah that motor is called the D15B4 (dual carb) motor in other places. 105HP, 3 HP less than the D16A6 MPFI Si engine... you gotta love dual carbs!!! I dont think the cam will be much different from the D14A1 dual carb'd 1400 u have... i'd wager its prolly the same cam... but drop it in, use ur butt dyno and see if u feel a difference... I do know some guys in Ireland dropped the D16A6 cam into their D15B4's and got good gains... I still feel a SOHC ZC Dual Carb cam would give greatest gains...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Dual Carb said:
Ah that motor is called the D15B4 (dual carb) motor in other places. 105HP, 3 HP less than the D16A6 MPFI Si engine... you gotta love dual carbs!!! I dont think the cam will be much different from the D14A1 dual carb'd 1400 u have... i'd wager its prolly the same cam... but drop it in, use ur butt dyno and see if u feel a difference... I do know some guys in Ireland dropped the D16A6 cam into their D15B4's and got good gains... I still feel a SOHC ZC Dual Carb cam would give greatest gains...
dude we have to get you off the twin carbs and onto EFI. You know way too much about dual carb set-ups.......you would have to change your name though.

D

·
0 Posts
flatfourfan said:
dude we have to get you off the twin carbs and onto EFI. You know way too much about dual carb set-ups.......you would have to change your name though.
LOL... you say that like its a bad thing... hehehehehehe. I like my Dual Carbs... I like not having an ECU or a limiter... I like not having to pay too much for bigger injectors, fuel rail and TB to upgrade my intake, and I especially like stepping into any bike performace shop to jet the carbs if i need to, coz they are also used on honda performance bikes and harley's.

I work with what i have... my next honda will prolly have FI, and then i will work with that... I just like to prove to many that carbs are no worse than FI, just different. Take a look at the range of honda motors out there... the Dual Carb'd setups always put out the same as, and sometimes better HP, than the FI setups. Like the D14A1 putting out 90HP, same as the D15B2 FI, with 100 cc less displacement. Or the D15B4 putting out 105HP as opposed to the D16A6 of 108HP... with 100cc less displacement... My next project is to get a DOHC ZC or D16A9, plant my Dual Carbs on there and see what happens...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Dual Carb said:
LOL... you say that like its a bad thing... hehehehehehe. I like my Dual Carbs... I like not having an ECU or a limiter... I like not having to pay too much for bigger injectors, fuel rail and TB to upgrade my intake, and I especially like stepping into any bike performace shop to jet the carbs if i need to, coz they are also used on honda performance bikes and harley's.

I work with what i have... my next honda will prolly have FI, and then i will work with that... I just like to prove to many that carbs are no worse than FI, just different. Take a look at the range of honda motors out there... the Dual Carb'd setups always put out the same as, and sometimes better HP, than the FI setups. Like the D14A1 putting out 90HP, same as the D15B2 FI, with 100 cc less displacement. Or the D15B4 putting out 105HP as opposed to the D16A6 of 108HP... with 100cc less displacement... My next project is to get a DOHC ZC or D16A9, plant my Dual Carbs on there and see what happens...
I'm curious. My Fuel economy was terrible with my twin carbs 220 km out a tank, what do you get out of your tank seeing that the motors were basically identical? Also has your 4th gen ever been dyno'd???

In my case I went up from 220km to 360km from carbs to EFI and 69-74kw in power. I won't even start with the B-15BVTEC and manual box. 76-83 and 360km-470km (town)

Carbs aint bad...........I have twin weber 36 IDF downdrafts on my bus.

D

·
0 Posts
flatfourfan said:
I'm curious. My Fuel economy was terrible with my twin carbs 220 km out a tank, what do you get out of your tank seeing that the motors were basically identical? Also has your 4th gen ever been dyno'd???

In my case I went up from 220km to 360km from carbs to EFI and 69-74kw in power. I won't even start with the B-15BVTEC and manual box. 76-83 and 360km-470km (town)

Carbs aint bad...........I have twin weber 36 IDF downdrafts on my bus.
hhhmmmm, sounds like ur carbs werent balanced. I get around the same as ur FI in consumption... until i floor, of course, then they are VERY thirsty... im hoping to take for a dyno once ive got a cam gear on, then i'll let u know...

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
Dual Carb said:
hhhmmmm, sounds like ur carbs werent balanced. I get around the same as ur FI in consumption... until i floor, of course, then they are VERY thirsty... im hoping to take for a dyno once ive got a cam gear on, then i'll let u know...
When I drove down to Port Alfred last year the best I got was 11.5kms/litre. And that was highway driving and a very soft foot. Bummer was the carbs kits.......I couldn't get new ones.......and to think I almost went single Weber route..yuck.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
from all of the information that i have gotten over the past few months about hondas carbs i think the carbs are better then the fi. right now i am building a fi d16z6, but to make it work right i had to chip the ecu. if it were carbed then no chip is needed do to the fact that there is no ecu. but all in all, i like carbs more now then i do fi.

D

·
0 Posts
T-Bone said:
from all of the information that i have gotten over the past few months about hondas carbs i think the carbs are better then the fi. right now i am building a fi d16z6, but to make it work right i had to chip the ecu. if it were carbed then no chip is needed do to the fact that there is no ecu. but all in all, i like carbs more now then i do fi.
hahaha... a convert... from a tuning master also... :noway: :noway:

I've been saying that for years... carbs rule... still... but FI has its advantages too. These carbs can be boosted, but FI would make it sooooo much easier...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts