Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda want to do a mild comp build possibly upgrade pistons cam and valve springs. But I am doing a ton of research trying to find out what is interchangable and what isnt with these motors. Because these are slightly different than other D series. Because of the 137 mm rods just like the d16. What pistons would fit without having to "fabricate" my motor (ie: mill and what not) I think my compression is in the low 9s now but I would like to get it up to 10-11:1 using y8 gasket and p2e pistons to maybe get some gains. Just dont know if it all works out. Let me know if my information is wrong. I've been playing around with zeals comp calc.
Also whoever put this motor in had the non vtec version kept it DPFI and left the stock PM5 Ecu. Which I know has to be wrong. I've been getting crap mileage and am tired of it. Just want to fix all the problems and bring some positives out of it while not having to deal with a B swap into my 90 ED6.
Im not looking for 150+ horses or spend thousands of dollars. Thanks for looking feel free to prove me wrong and spread some knowledge on a new student.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,966 Posts
D15B nonVTEC version would be same short block as the original DPFI motor, same 134mm rods and PM3 pistons.

More than one D15B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.