Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Same head that came stock on all ED's here. Mechanically, the twin carb blocks are nearly identical to the D15B2. Runs the same belt, and i've heard it runs a slightly more aggressive cam than the d15b2, but not sure how it compares to the d15b7. Obviously it has the mechanical fuel pump provision on the head and the cam too. The single carb D's had a lot of mechanical differences, and are a pretty garbage base to start a build with.

What cars this going into?
Off topic, but research what is called the "hydra" swap. d16a1 dohc head. PERFECT setup for those who have the exciting chance at building a clean 3rd gen civic/1st gen of the crx. Cheddar, I believe, has options for those engines.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
The 4g single carb D's don't really share much in common with the 3rd gen motors.
Sorry, we in USA got carb D's in the form of 87 and older models. 88+ came only fuel injected. That is why I responded in the light I did.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
I must be missing something because I'm not sure where these two engines would come together? The JDM D15b is not the same as the earlier EW engines that would be in the 1g/3g I'm pretty sure. I know about the "Hydra" build by GTPILOT but I don't think that would add up here. Chedda does make some good parts for the 1g/3g but I don't know of anything specific to the engines themselves?
You missed what was my confusion. When he stated carb'd D, in the USA, these were only 1g crx and 3g civics and earlier availability. I got confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts