Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a JDM D15B (carb) pm3-11 head with an mpfi setup.
Couple of things to note with this engine because everything is scrambled.
Yes the rods are 134mm and same Journal size as the d15b7 same with main journals as well. Also the d15b carb has a much more aggressive camshaft than the d15b7.
Now the only thing I'm currently in the air about is the belt setup. I'm experimenting with a skunk2 cam gear and a few different tensioners to make the gates racing t224r work. Will edit thread once I have this figured out. And will have picture coming. Hopes this helps some of you guys out there. Anyways parts list as follows.
Parts list:
ARP 208-4308 1.5L Head Studs
ARP 10-5401 1.5L Main Studs
Viatara 75.5 Pistons with NPR rings
King main and rod bearings
P2P0 H Beam Connecting rods (may have to notch)
Fuel injector clinic 775cc injectors (ik I went overkill)
DW255 fuel pump
Aem stock fuel rail pressure regulator
Hondata s300 v3
MLS Headgasket by Engine Tech
All other gaskets
Stock style brand new oil pump (not modified)
CXracing Intercooler Kit
Skunk2 4 Bar MAP sensor
HKS SSQV Blow-Off valve
Garret GT2860RS (DISCO POTATO)
^will be using stock wastegate with boost controller for now.
Innovative SCG1 boost controller and wideband afr/boost guage
Log manifold ac ps compatible

Also as I go through with all this block is currently being machined and checked for clearances head has been swapped for b7 pm3-4 head but I have transfered the camshaft. Head has 3 angle valve job and decked.

Share any thoughts anythings appreciated

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,441 Posts
Same head that came stock on all ED's here. Mechanically, the twin carb blocks are nearly identical to the D15B2. Runs the same belt, and i've heard it runs a slightly more aggressive cam than the d15b2, but not sure how it compares to the d15b7. Obviously it has the mechanical fuel pump provision on the head and the cam too. The single carb D's had a lot of mechanical differences, and are a pretty garbage base to start a build with.

What cars this going into?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is going into a EG civic sedan big brake and suspension done. It's actually the engine I been running on for a while. And been using mainly b7 parts except water pump, belt, and headgasket.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Same head that came stock on all ED's here. Mechanically, the twin carb blocks are nearly identical to the D15B2. Runs the same belt, and i've heard it runs a slightly more aggressive cam than the d15b2, but not sure how it compares to the d15b7. Obviously it has the mechanical fuel pump provision on the head and the cam too. The single carb D's had a lot of mechanical differences, and are a pretty garbage base to start a build with.

What cars this going into?
Off topic, but research what is called the "hydra" swap. d16a1 dohc head. PERFECT setup for those who have the exciting chance at building a clean 3rd gen civic/1st gen of the crx. Cheddar, I believe, has options for those engines.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
1,441 Posts
Off topic, but research what is called the "hydra" swap. d16a1 dohc head. PERFECT setup for those who have the exciting chance at building a clean 3rd gen civic/1st gen of the crx. Cheddar, I believe, has options for those engines.
The 4g single carb D's don't really share much in common with the 3rd gen motors.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
The 4g single carb D's don't really share much in common with the 3rd gen motors.
Sorry, we in USA got carb D's in the form of 87 and older models. 88+ came only fuel injected. That is why I responded in the light I did.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I must be missing something because I'm not sure where these two engines would come together? The JDM D15b is not the same as the earlier EW engines that would be in the 1g/3g I'm pretty sure. I know about the "Hydra" build by GTPILOT but I don't think that would add up here. Chedda does make some good parts for the 1g/3g but I don't know of anything specific to the engines themselves?

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
I must be missing something because I'm not sure where these two engines would come together? The JDM D15b is not the same as the earlier EW engines that would be in the 1g/3g I'm pretty sure. I know about the "Hydra" build by GTPILOT but I don't think that would add up here. Chedda does make some good parts for the 1g/3g but I don't know of anything specific to the engines themselves?
You missed what was my confusion. When he stated carb'd D, in the USA, these were only 1g crx and 3g civics and earlier availability. I got confused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah! Ok! I'm up to speed now. Reading your comment had me confused too! I've got a bunch of engines and parts from this time period that are all getting mix-n-matched together and thought I had missed something in the parts options. Lots of overlap in the carb/f.i. stuff at that time makes almost anything possible it seems like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts