Honda D Series Forum banner

jdm d15b cam in my d15b7?

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Slow_Import 
#1 ·
will this work for sure? is it only the non-vtec one that will fit or what? researched everywhere, no one knows. what gains should i see?... thanks.

#2 ·
i think both have the same cam, the cam you would want if your staying non vtec is a d16a6 cam from a 88-91 civic/crx si or a non-vtec zc cam...

not too sure on this too but people have been telling me the cams are the same, but my eg with a jdm d15b nonvtec seems to pull harder than just the regular dx eg hatch's...

#8 ·
Ok so get a 16a6 cam, and a d16y7 or d16y8 cam (just re-establishing). What gains can I expect w/what I have already? Can I at least climb that damn hill to get to my house without getting everyone out to push hahaha!? And due, "myhonda1"... love your car. Love it.
thanks!

by using the y8/y7 cam gear with a6 cam you correct the 1/2 tooth error you would get if you used the b7 cam gear.

#16 ·
yeah...seriously... i didn't even know of that route.

#17 ·
ok i just pulled the cam out of my d15b and compared it to the a6 one i have and the d15b2 one i have, the jdm d15b non-vtec is bigger than the b2, but slightly smaller than the a6....all in all, after driving it, the car still seems the same as when i had the d15b cam in it...so to answer the op's question, unless the d15b7 cam is bigger than the d15b2's, they are pretty close to the same size....

maybe it will make a difference on the dyno but cant really feel it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.