Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I have a JDM D15B (carb) with an mpfi setup. Everything on the motor is stock and around 75,000 miles. I just cleaned all the carbon on the head. And installing Nippon PM3 Pistons (full floating) with NPR rings. I am using the stock connecting rods, which are the 137mm ones for this motor. I was wondering what are my horse power limits with the stock rods. The compression ratio on the car will be 11.36:1 when the project is complete. Just wondering what else i should be aiming for to have a small reliable boost setup for everyday driving. Thanks guys, look forward to some help.

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,172 Posts
Ill avoid flaming. I havent been back long enough to be jaded I guess.

stock rods=d16z6=toothpicks.

dont ask for more than 210-250 reliably.... but people have had large numbers on stockies.

Just figure on staying within stock injectors and you will be safe for your pistons. If you are maxing out 450cc injectors, you are probably breaking engine bits as well....

edit something inside me says your block is the model with the d15b7 style crank; no way to know unless you measure the mains and rod journals...

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,351 Posts
look up DILYSI Dave and Snot Rocket on here.

Also PM3 pistons on long rods is not going to work unless you run three head gaskets.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I can confirm the three headgasket bit. done it before. The pistons melted before the HG was ever a problem FWIW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pistons melting??? Well I installed them drove the car for a bit but the alternator died so I have one coming in so far the car runs healthy.

This is a jdm d15b non vtec

look up DILYSI Dave and Snot Rocket on here.

Also PM3 pistons on long rods is not going to work unless you run three head gaskets.
Well I put the pistons in my D15B JDM block and they sat perfectly on a d15b7 head gasket

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
pistons will melt if your OEM map sensor wont read above 9 and boost cut is at 10.2... >D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts