Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the jdm d15b 3 stage vtec engine a good d series engine. And can someone answer if it's a rare engine in the states because that's what I've been told btw I'm new to the forum

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
the motor isn't rare just wasn't put in usa cars. It's a good engine if you have the proper ecu and wiring harness. Be more specific and post in noob section please

·
Registered
Civic/92Achieva H.O.
1,240 Posts
Don't do it, the three stage is a pain in the but, to control with a tunable ecu is possible using an existing output or having iab installed, and the gains are minimal for the amount of effort put in, if boosted it will handle great but it would take allot of tuning to make use of the 12 valve mode for mpg's. Since my civic with the 3 stage d15b turbo, I have upgraded to a custom built b20z2 5 speed awd crv , much moore torque and hp, if I didn't need a larger vehicle I would have a b20 civic , my crv kicks ass on the road and has been far more reliable than the d15b was.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Damn, the day has come to put the 3-stage to rest. When the one person that pushed and pushed it as a good motor if you just give it a chance is not on the other side saying how its not worth it, you know that motor will never get any love now.

OP: Look up through this thread and decide for yourself. Understand that it is not a rare engine, just a rare occasion that someone has one running right. Because of that, don't expect too much help from people. Pretty much, you are on your own.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/engine-management/121398-d15b-3-stage-engine-control.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts