Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im going to be boosting my jdm d15b and theres no way in hell im doing that with stock internals, unless theres an actual safe psi to run, but id rather be safe right.

does any one have any info on after market stuff i can get? im looking for rods and pistons standard size forged

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
There's no safe PSI to run, since PSI doesn't mean shit anyways.

If it uses D16 rods, then 200-220whp is safe on stock internals.
If it uses D15 rods, then maybe 180whp is safe on stock internals.

FJ-Distributors sells cheap pistons/rods for D16-rod applications.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
if i remember correctly the stage 3 d15b came with stock size d15 rods, not the better one.

best thing i can think of if you can afford the down time is crack it open before ordering parts. shot dropping the pan should tell you want you need to know

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also any one know if its possible to take a perfomance z6 cam and grind the slave valve lobe down to 0 to keep using the 3 stage vtec?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i remember correctly the stage 3 d15b came with stock size d15 rods, not the better one.

best thing i can think of if you can afford the down time is crack it open before ordering parts. shot dropping the pan should tell you want you need to know
iv got the block stripped right now all the internals are here but the head and block are at the machine shop getting cleaned and polished. ill measure the rods but itll be ROUGH because im using a measuring tape lol

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
post some pics up, think there are markings on the rod cap or somewhere on the rod

1 - 10 of 10 Posts