Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone, on this forum, got experience of turbo'ing the above?? Bit of a noob here on this forum but a fanatic on the delsoluk.com forum im a member of :)

I own a JDM Del Sol 1.5 VXi SOHC Vtec

Basically we had a meet this weekend just gone and my mate has just bought a very nice Del Sol with a B16 Vtec engine thats been fitted with a Vortech supercharger, upping it to about 210bhp @ the wheels, and the 1 of the other guys has turbo'd his B16 upping that to about the same BHP too..

So, ive been toying with the idea of turbo'ing my D16 and want to see what you guys have done and what the results are like! I have searched on here but there's a lack of Del Sols really..

Cheers for any info :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have room :) Even more so when i get the Air Con removed, just no need for it, especially as ive got a removable roof too :wink:

·
Registered
96 Posts
some nice rides boyz!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BOYURLAZY said:
Here's mine...only 4-5psi, doubt it is over 150hp

turboing del sol and civic is basically the same i believe...
Looks a nice Sol that fella :)

Have you got any more pics, mainly of the engine bay? Also, what turbo set-up have you running?

Cheers

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers dude :)

Ill make my way to the search facility then :lol: :arrow:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
200 hp would be like a T3 with like .42 AR and you prolly have more torque...and if you go all custom it'd be like 1200 ish without being tuned... go turbo because if you wanna up the boost it wouldnt be all that hard or cost anything as opposed to a supercharger thats always running (making it a gas hog) and then say you wanna up the boost you either A. Make a pully yourself (voiding the warranty) or B. spend 100+ dollars

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
d_a_n1979 said:
Basically we had a meet this weekend just gone and my mate has just bought a very nice Del Sol with a B16 Vtec engine thats been fitted with a Vortech supercharger, upping it to about 210bhp @ the wheels, and the 1 of the other guys has turbo'd his B16 upping that to about the same BHP too..
thats all?? pretty weak for FI B motors...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts