Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen the dyno sheet for a y7 and 130 to wheels stock accpet fuel filter and blower, seems pretty good. Was wondering if anyone has one and how they like it, are they worth the money?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have one on my d16z6 and got 146 whp on stock exhaust and blown rings

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I have one on my d16z6 at 9psi. I have put the car on the dyno yet. My friend that sold me the blower had it on his y8 and had almost 160whp.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
damn that alot of torque. man.. but id think a turbo would be better.. i hit little over 140whp on my y7 at 7psi and my car is an automatic so the numbers will be alot lower than a 5 speed.. unless you get a good deal on the charger go for a turbo...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to buy something that comes in a kit, blower/turbo doesnt matter. Ive seen my friend do his turbo "homemade style" and it just doesnt appeal to me. He is on this forum d16a6powa. anyone know of any turbo kits for a y7?

·
Registered
NA1 / EvoX
151 Posts
honestly... the JRSC is not really a bolt on kit coz its got issues....
with the amount of money to get mine running right I could've gotten a B20Vtec....
go with turbo ... it's cheaper then SC if u want to keep the D

·
Registered
NA1 / EvoX
151 Posts
mrnicolas said:
I have one on my d16z6 at 9psi. I have put the car on the dyno yet. My friend that sold me the blower had it on his y8 and had almost 160whp.
hey.... mrnicolas do u mind telling me what ur friend has with the SC? coz we couldn't figure out why I'm only getting 146hp @8psi .... which is the same as when I was @6psi.... only difference was the torque from 116 to 216...
any ideas?

·
Registered
946 Posts
R0Y said:
hey.... mrnicolas do u mind telling me what ur friend has with the SC? coz we couldn't figure out why I'm only getting 146hp @8psi .... which is the same as when I was @6psi.... only difference was the torque from 116 to 216...
any ideas?
hahaha, that is so wierd,
but yeah, you definetely make a much larger increase in torque than you do in hp when you up the boost.

you SHOULD still see hp gains..
i'd guess it's your tuning, and maybe your engine isn't breathing right for some reason. still 215tq is fucking nuts for a sohc, and especially at only 8psi.

it's like all that power that was supposed to be hp went into your tq figures, haha.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Ya man those torque numbers are insane.. Try dynotuning alittle more or something.??

·
Registered
146 Posts
im pretty sure the dyno just messed up cause theres no way you have that much torque. Also did it feel like you gained that much when ur change the psi?

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
the blower was fully ported out at endyne, kamikaze header, no cat, iceman intake, injectors, hondata and I dont remember exactly what else he had when he laid down almost 160whp. I dont remember what torque he put down. I definately know that the same blower on my car is definatly making some good numbers. I have a few more things than he did when he dynoed it. I will have some dyno numbers soon.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mrnicolas said:
the blower was fully ported out at endyne, kamikaze header, no cat, iceman intake, injectors, hondata and I dont remember exactly what else he had when he laid down almost 160whp. I dont remember what torque he put down. I definately know that the same blower on my car is definatly making some good numbers. I have a few more things than he did when he dynoed it. I will have some dyno numbers soon.

Yep-Larry @ ENDYN knows his shit, and that would be the only way I'd personally put one of JR's blowers on my car-as someone else said-they've had a LOT of issues with their blower. I dont know personally if this has changed any (quality issues)in the last few years...but first impressions are hard to sway.

Are either one of you intercooled??? maybe that will explain the jump in tq...

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I am not intercooled, but I would like to see if it would be possible to incorporate some sort of intercooler on my system. I have the hondata IM gasket on the car and the blower is always cool to the touch. My friend that I bought the blower from had it reworked at endyne. He had the entire thing worked over.

·
Registered
NA1 / EvoX
151 Posts
hmm..... got those numbers from dyno tuning already.... I'm not running any intercooler or water injection... but would love to see what it can do
dam... mrnicolas no wonder ur friend got so much power
I would love to have my JRSC rebuilt by endyne but that would cost mad $$$
I guess for now it's good enough the way it is...
the car was never tuned from the begining when I first got the kit @6psi... and after i got it to 8psi with everything upgraded i finally had it tuned (wich took 2 years lol)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a jrsc on my 94 honda civic vtec and i love how it run i just has some problem with oil pressure it seems to be shooting oil out of the breather on the valve cover and i cant seem to get the problem under control any ideas??

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
drdz said:
I have a jrsc on my 94 honda civic vtec and i love how it run i just has some problem with oil pressure it seems to be shooting oil out of the breather on the valve cover and i cant seem to get the problem under control any ideas??

maybe get an oil catch can like the one I have:

older pic

this might be a shot in the dark, but did you do the pcv relocation correctly?

I can not wait to tune mine to see what the 9psi does on the dyno, I am hoping for similar numbers to what my friend had before he pulled the blower off and sold it to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts