Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for a mini me swaps and found great info but ive run into a problem. All the mini me swaps I read are about just 96-98 y8's onto 96-98 y7's. The problem im having is looking for information about putting a 99 ex head on a 96 y7 bottom end. I know the mini me will work but i need to know if i can re-use my y7 distributor. I dont have a y8 dizzy thats from 96-98 and i hear the 96 is 9 wire and the 99 is 8 wire or something like that

so to sum it up..

can a 1996 y7 distributor work on a 99 y8 head?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
but im putting a 99 head on my 96..

so id be using a dizzy from a 96 on a 00

someone on another forum said that the bolt wont match or something but he had 2 posts so idk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so im guessing it would work. i just dont understand why the dude told me there are dif wires like the y7 is 9 wire and y8 dizzy is 8

idk

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
I've searched for a mini me swaps and found great info but ive run into a problem. All the mini me swaps I read are about just 96-98 y8's onto 96-98 y7's. The problem im having is looking for information about putting a 99 ex head on a 96 y7 bottom end. I know the mini me will work but i need to know if i can re-use my y7 distributor. I dont have a y8 dizzy thats from 96-98 and i hear the 96 is 9 wire and the 99 is 8 wire or something like that

so to sum it up..

can a 1996 y7 distributor work on a 99 y8 head?
I Found this, Hope it Helps:

All 88-00 D-Series distributors are interchangeable with the exception of the Z6, Z1, and D15B

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Found this, Hope it Helps:

All 88-00 D-Series distributors are interchangeable with the exception of the Z6, Z1, and D15B
thats what i fuckin thought! some douche was telling me otherwise! rep 4 u

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so false its not even funny.
omfg! i thought the 92-00 were compatitble as long as it wasnt a b series!

so will the 96 dizzy work on the 99 ex head?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
yes it will work. the Z6 was kind of the "bastard" child with a totally different bolt pattern, just use the distributor that was for your year model car on the newer head and everything should be good.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes it will work. the Z6 was kind of the "bastard" child with a totally different bolt pattern, just use the distributor that was for your year model car on the newer head and everything should be good.
thanks bro, i was reading and all i could find was on the 1.5s and some 1.6s like the b7 or something that the z6 wouldnt fit. but i couldnt find any y7/y8 info.

:bubbrubb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts