Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another post on here from when I first put it together. Now its running but iffy I'm lacking in power & it shifts really hard. Sometimes ittl let me go past 3000 but most of the times it just chugs as if it has a rev limiter set at 3k. The hard shifting is usualy from second into third . or vice versa. Im running the y8 head with y8 cam and gear and belt. Am I supposed to use the y8 timing belt or should I use the z6 tbelt.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
did you time it correctly?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 75% sure I did. if I put a timing light on it it hits dead inbetween the three hash marks on the harmonic balancer. Why would it go in and out of the rev glitch. Ill be crusing along in second and all of a sudden iv got power to the moon. All the way up to 75 80 mph.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
any codes? it sounds like it hit limp mode

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's running a code 4. Has been since I got it running. From the last post I've put on new plugs wires new fuel filter I switched the timing belt out for the Z6 timing belt. I got throttle body cleaner but havnt used it yet.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Do you have a cat converter on it? Pop the O2 sensor out of it (also unplug of course) and go for a rip. If it stays working consistantly, cat is starting to clog, and pieces are floating around and randomly sticking the pipe shut

EDIT, same idea with muffler

1 - 8 of 8 Posts