• t3/t4

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have been on here talking about doing turbo set up. here is where i am stuck EVO 3 big 16g turbo or a T3/t4 turbo, here are the turbo specs
.50 Compressor A/R
.50 Turbine A/R
this set up will be on a d16z6. thanks guys

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well right now the motor has 155,000 miles on it. runs really good. i am really not sure right now i just want a nice dd thats turbo. i want some where around 200whp once its tunned when or be for it blows up i will be buying a new motor so i can run more boost. but when all said and done i would like to see 250whp.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
ok, thats fine. if you dont want to blow up your motor by pushing it too hard, go with a smaller turbo that will spool faster.
if you plan on going to 250 hp in the future MAX, go with a super 60.
either way, the super 60 will spool faster than a t3/t4 or big 16g while making your goals.
if you plan on over 260 hp then you need a larger turbo with the expense of turbo lag.
go with a ford thunderbird, svo rustang, or merker turbo. all are a good match for stock internals

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
i just started running a super 60 at 10psi, i like it so far, starts to spool up around 3k for me and holds it till redline but i want more boost now!
you running an internal or external wastegate?

at what psi does the super 60 start to give out?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
ok i will need auto works to make me a down pipe i hope they can do that.
Greg can do what ever you want, you'll just need to send him your mani and possibly the turbo so he can make the dp for you. 155,000 on that car is nothing, I boosted mine with a jrsc around 120,000 first then went to a turbo with 170,000 on it and didn't have any issues.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
i just started running a super 60 at 10psi, i like it so far, starts to spool up around 3k for me and holds it till redline but i want more boost now!

i think around 18psi, or around 260

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i my self will be running internal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts