Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K so heres the story, its a b-series hydro tranny btw
I decided to crack open the old tranny that I got from my car after i swapped its all apart and i decided to count the all the gear's teeth to determine wut tranny then I went to the FD and found it has 67 teeth and 14 on the mainshaft. problem is that it isn't clear thru in the diff area, theres an obstruction. which usually says thats is non-lsd. so wut exactly is this diff, lsd or non-lsd?:???:

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
non-lsd..

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it doesn't explain tho why the countershaft gear for the FD is 14 teeth instead of it being 15 teeth like a gsr, and the differential having 67 instead of 66 for gsr :???: unless its um weird sorta gears or sumthin

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
maybe because it is an ITR FD and not a GSR FD........simple really.
lolz i wuz thinking that but then why would there be a bar going through the diff hole like a non lsd would, this thing is decieving

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
maybe someone else put a ITR FD in a GSR tranny?????

What are the other teeth counts????

Pics, you've failed to show any.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe someone else put a ITR FD in a GSR tranny?????

What are the other teeth counts????

Pics, you've failed to show any.
NOOOOOOZ I HAZ FAILED!!!!! X_X lolz

k here are my gear counts

FD: 67/14
1: 13/42
2: 20/38
3: 25/34
4: 29/30
5: 33/26

heres my pic of the FD

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so its a itr final drive gear with a gsr diff??? or sumthin cuz gsr's are 66 teeth but the one i have is 67 you can even count them on the fd i have pictured i marked every black line as 10 teeth and the one group at the bottom is 7 teeth. sorry if im being/sounding persistent/stupid bout sumthing like this

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lolz terribly sorry bout me being stupid, i guess being an imsomniac has its effects on the mind cuz facts tell me its an itr but my logics sumtimes just scares me when i step back and look at the whole situation :wacko:

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
lol at the differential pic with the frown faces... haha Bone, too funny :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts