Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having an ITB craving lately and have been searching everywhere. WIth about 10 in the past 2 nights looking on how to build these contraptions i feel i have a pretty damn good idea how to build and tune them. (pgmfi) I just wanted to know what your guys input would be if i wanted to go ITB's on this build.

Y7
4-1 header
Crome tuned(pro of course)
Mild pnp
Bisi or DElta mild regrind
Aem Cam gear
2.25 inch exhaust
Grounding earth kit
Light flighwheel 12 lbs maybe
Stage 1 clutch

Should i go ITB or Blox im tb and intake. Its hard to decide the pros and cons are good and bad of both. I want to run low 14 so im leaning toward ITB's, and i want to get decent mileage too. Its a hard decision. If i dont go Itb maybe ill use some PMS pistons. Thanks

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Search..... There are alot on here

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have carbs on my DD and I love it... Cheap and simple for the power / torque increases that were made... But there are quite a few people on here that have itb's. Basically, you have to do alot of trial and error. Or you can find a few guys on here and ask them how they did theres.
Don

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah ive seen every thread youve seen and talked to rushi. i even have a mocked up feul and ignition table saved on my computer similar to the one in Rushi's thread. There arent really and diy's in difinitive steps. I said i know how to build them and tune them, i think. I will street tune then dyno tune so the price will decrease. Street tuning done by yours truly. Im simply asking if ITB's would be beneficial to my future mods. I want to make as much power as possible without bumping up compression. Trying to follow the Honda tuning ITB setup. ANd by the way, ive memmorized the home made ITB thread and it isnt even engine specific its for a b-series.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'am kind of interested too.

the homemade turbo thread is for a b-series, will the same gsx-r throttle bodies work for us (d-series). Also, what size bike are they from 600 750 1000

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can use those on a d-series but the cbr's are better because you only have to mount the tps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got some cbr 600 rr's if you want them... I was gonna do ITB daily driver but it is too cold and wet where I live and it wouldn't be safe for my motor.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WHy dont you just put filters over your stacks if your worried about crap getting into your ITB's. Rushi daily drives and he lives in Finland and his build is way more intense than yours and mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can use those on a d-series but the cbr's are better because you only have to mount the tps.
that is not correct. the tps is fine and adjustable, just check the wiring, may have to switch around some wires.

imho, i think your setup is very mild. go with aftermarket im and tb, maybe even bigger oem honda tb is enough. way easier to tune too. good luck.

·
Registered
857 Posts
imho i think itbs are over kill for a dd
What makes you think so, may I ask? I think they're great because of the response, and fuel consumption is mostly dependent on tuning..
I've driven my car in -30C(-22F) frost without any problems, actually my engine loves that cold air 8) No problems at all with moisture, it's just a natural anti-detonation lol.

Noise may be an issue, but there's alot of methods against it too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah im only looking for 145whp so maybe ill do some high comp pistons as well instead of the itb's. Im def doing th blox im though. nippon racing for the win. Thanks. Lets keep the input comin though.

·
Registered
857 Posts
IMO, CBR ITBs are not worth using
Oh, really? With 5mm spacer in the middle they're ~perfect, two outer throttles on ~1mm off.. They usually come with nice injectors (I calculated my CBR954RR ones to be around 315cc) etc too, TPS fits right into your harness..

Only reason I would use GSXR ITBs in Honda is that they're available in 46mm size (Hayabusa), biggest CBR is 42mm that I've and they're just enough for my ~200 crank hp according do A.G.Bell's book.

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
I want to make as much power as possible without bumping up compression.
you can make more power with a turbo and lower the compression too. not nearly as much tuning involved either. do you have another car you can drive while you learn to tune this one?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i do actually have one becaue my parrents have three. I really dont want to go turbo, but if i have to run a higher gas anyway i guess i could consider going turbo. I would do a mild setup like a t25. But i still want to go n/a. Decision decisions.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.