Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using freelog since many months ago, and I want to know if there is a way to make corsser over from MAP to TPS in datalogging. I'm using crome free, it's easy with itbs tool to make the crossover, but how can I datalog AFR from rpm x tps ?

Any tips or advices ?

Thank you

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking datalogging each part throttle alone like 20-35-50-70-100% even freelog think it's wot, I have the tps voltage in freelog, at best put a small block under the throttle cable to keep constant position. I only have to put the value in the right % column in crome itb tools.

It will be a pain in the ass, but It might work, well have no other option yet.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'd recommend buying a Crome Pro license...

You can datalog all your values in Crome without having to look between Crome and Freelog... much easier to tune and worth the $150 if you're serious about your motor setup (which I'm guessing you are).

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd recommend buying a Crome Pro license...

You can datalog all your values in Crome without having to look between Crome and Freelog... much easier to tune and worth the $150 if you're serious about your motor setup (which I'm guessing you are).
I don't mind about looking between crome and freelog, I do it when I got free time. No stress, no need of emulator to be quick. I don't have the 150$ right now for crome pro, but It seems to be good.

I don't know crome datalogger, can you datalog AFR with tps value instead of map ?

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't mind about looking between crome and freelog, I do it when I got free time. No stress, no need of emulator to be quick. I don't have the 150$ right now for crome pro, but It seems to be good.

I don't know crome datalogger, can you datalog AFR with tps value instead of map ?

Crome uses vacuum and TPS Percentage and datalogs it all in overlay format so you can look at your AFR values over RPM and Load (vacuum and TPS %)

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crome uses vacuum and TPS Percentage and datalogs it all in overlay format so you can look at your AFR values over RPM and Load (vacuum and TPS %)
Very fine thank you !

I will buy it probably next springs, because I have no money until next winter, and my car is stored for 5 months in winter, so I don'T need it now.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You could use a external data logger like logworks 3 from innovate motor sports. That cost money too and you would have to hard wire it in. Ectune, neptuen, hondata.......................

= more money. Instead of a block you could loosen the cable up so it will not go wot.

Find your range on your tp should be close to .5v closed and 4.5v open. Do some math spread is 4 volts so 50% is 2 volts add 2 volts to .5 = 2.5 volts is 50% throttle adjust cable. Foot to floor = 2.5 volts drive and log. I would also do the tp cal in crome.

?????????????????????

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You could use a external data logger like logworks 3 from innovate motor sports. That cost money too and you would have to hard wire it in. Ectune, neptuen, hondata.......................

= more money. Instead of a block you could loosen the cable up so it will not go wot.

Find your range on your tp should be close to .5v closed and 4.5v open. Do some math spread is 4 volts so 50% is 2 volts add 2 volts to .5 = 2.5 volts is 50% throttle adjust cable. Foot to floor = 2.5 volts drive and log. I would also do the tp cal in crome.

?????????????????????
Loosening throtle cable seems fine :) I had this thing of mathematic in mind about volts/percentage ratio. It will be long to do, but I can achieve the right tuning.

I will think about the crome pro, ectune and the others are too expensive.

Those itbs are just a personal challenge before my turbo setup.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Loosening throtle cable seems fine :) I had this thing of mathematic in mind about volts/percentage ratio. It will be long to do, but I can achieve the right tuning.

I will think about the crome pro, ectune and the others are too expensive.

Those itbs are just a personal challenge before my turbo setup.

I think going Crome Pro is going to be your best bet for anything you do since you're wanting to tune it yourself.

So do your ITB project and get familiar with the software then use it when you go turbo.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think going Crome Pro is going to be your best bet for anything you do since you're wanting to tune it yourself.

So do your ITB project and get familiar with the software then use it when you go turbo.
I've messed so much with crome free, maybe I will get it really fast with the pro version. I've read so many times that turbo tuning is much easier than ITBS. I'm challenging myself, perhaps itbs + turbo once done :p

·
Registered
516 Posts
I've messed so much with crome free, maybe I will get it really fast with the pro version. I've read so many times that turbo tuning is much easier than ITBS. I'm challenging myself, perhaps itbs + turbo once done :p
Yeah that only seems logical then since you've messed with free so much. The only things that take getting used to in Pro are a few extra features and shortcuts.

Turbo will have its challenges just like ITBs, so be prepared.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that only seems logical then since you've messed with free so much. The only things that take getting used to in Pro are a few extra features and shortcuts.

Turbo will have its challenges just like ITBs, so be prepared.
I have old engine to burn and I have not succeed that, I make my learning test on it, until now my results aren't so bad :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts